how do you remove a chain fence from a picture ????????

12 years 10 months ago #51167 by luckywish1
how do you remove a chain fence from a picture. i went to the zoo today at spokane cat tails zoo. and i saw some bears, lions, and tiger, and i took pictures of them and they were all in there chain fence thing because they are dangerous gigggles so how can i remove the chain fence for a picture??????????

12 years 10 months ago #51169 by luckywish1
will adobe photoshop remove chain fence from a picture???

12 years 10 months ago #51173 by Joves
Well if you have the latest version then yes with the new tool that I cant remember the name of. But then it depends on how bad the offending fencing is as well. Im still on CS2 so I would have to use the Clone Tool and would work with the image at 200 or so percent to do it. Doing something like that is tedious and time consuming. What f-stop were you shooting at? You can fade the effect of a fence by getting really close and having the lens wide open, Then the fencing will look more shadow like.

12 years 10 months ago #51174 by chasrich
It can be a tough shot to make. What I like to do is focus on manual onto the animal. If the camera is set up well the chain link fence will almost disappear it is so out of focus.

To remove the chainlink afterwards would be very difficult and take a lot of time. I hope someone else has a better idea.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #51185 by luckywish1
i dont know how to use that clone tool yet for something very small like this chain fence

12 years 10 months ago #51186 by luckywish1
i was useing the program on the len when i took a picture of the lion and the bear and the tiger

12 years 10 months ago #51203 by effron
Lions, tigers, and bears??? Oh, my.....Content aware in CS5 is pretty good, but not an end all. Why not post up the problem photo?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #51228 by Henry Peach
I'm on CS4, so I don't have experience with content aware fill. The tools I would suggest trying are the clone tool and the healing patch. It depends on where the fence is, but I would imagine it's going to take a while. You can find a lot of tutorials on both of these tools out there.

The best way is to try to solve the problem at the exposure, and try to avoid capturing the fence in the first place. As Chasrich suggested shallow depth of field would be a good place to start. You get a shallow DOF by choosing a small f/# (large aperture). It can even work if the fence is between you and the subject.

Another idea is to accept the fence, and use it in the composition. It's popular to try to make zoo pics not look like they were taken at the zoo. Step outside the box, and let your photos be not only about the animals, but also about their life at the zoo.
12 years 10 months ago #51231 by chasrich
:goodpost: Wow... I'm learning for this too...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #51488 by luckywish1

here is one picture of a wild cat that was at the zoo

the 2 picture of a tiger

the 3 picture of a tiger yawning giggles

here is a picture of the king of lions

12 years 10 months ago #51489 by luckywish1
see what i mean by the chain fence?????

12 years 10 months ago #51521 by crystal
Penny, we all knew what you mean by the chain link fence being in the way. All photographers who shoot zoo animals or sports, or anything with a fence in the way, knows exactly what you mean. To take care of the problem, you do what Henry mention when shooting. To clone out the fence, it will take awhile. Heck, I like cloning, especially with CS5, but I will never clone out that much of a fence. Not worth it. I rather go back to the zoo and shoot until I can get the fence to be invisible.
12 years 10 months ago #51535 by Baydream
I am so glad that more and more zoos are using "natural" environments with moats and pits to separate the wild animals on one side and the wild animals on the other side.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #51640 by crystal

Baydream wrote: I am so glad that more and more zoos are using "natural" environments with moats and pits to separate the wild animals on one side and the wild animals on the other side.

:agree: It makes it so much easier.
12 years 10 months ago #51658 by luckywish1
i tried that and it didnt work.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024