Canon Camera Forum:

Welcome to the PhotographyTalk Canon camera forum.  Here you can join the free discussions on all Canon cameras, lenses and accessories relating to your Canon camera.  We have included some Canon camera reviews as well: Canon PowerShot G1 X | Canon EOS 7D | Canon EOS 60D | Canon EOS Rebel T3 | Canon EOS 5D Mark II | Canon EOS 1D Mark IV

Pop-up flash won't pop up on my t2i 2 years 3 months ago #187239

Question about my Canon t2i...approx. a year old. My pop-up flash just decided not to pop up anymore. No idea why. Won't pop-up in any mode. Any suggestions or how to fix this or maybe what went wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pop-up flash won't pop up on my t2i 2 years 3 months ago #187247

Does it pop up if you press the flash button (im assuming there is a button, but im not a canon user).

If not then there is probably a problem with the latch. likely physically broken and not much you can do. If it does popup then it may be a software glitch... in which case you could try updating the firmware... but short of that, i dont think there is much you can either lol.

Re: Pop-up flash won't pop up on my t2i 2 years 3 months ago #187324

geoffellis wrote:
... there is probably a problem with the latch.

:agree:

I had an old 20D that had a sticky pop-up flash. The latch wouldn't entirely release on it own after getting bashed. I had to slightly apply pressure to one side to get it to pop-up. Depending on how confident you are with messing with stuff like this it might be something you could fix yourself. A walk in camera repair shop might fix it cheap, but if you have to send it back to Canon they are going to charge more. Maybe it would be covered by warranty if less than a year old.