Apple Pay

9 years 5 months ago #409810 by MYoung
So, Apple Pay is here. Do you guys feel comfortable using it?  Yes, it's convenient, but do you think it's safe to use?  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409913 by garyrhook
Yet another solution in search of a problem?

I don't own an iPhone, so it is of no concern to me. Credit/debit cards, cash, and my Starbucks gold card. I'm good, thanks.

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409955 by Scott Klubeck
I'm going to wait till 2nd or 3rd version before jumping on this. 

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410047 by ubookoo
We have been moving towards a cashless society for several years. Apple Pay is one more step towards this goal.

Personally, I really like it. Also because it is backed by banks who still will be able to charge merchant fees it will continue to gain ground.

There is a competing service out there which merchants like because there are no fees charged to process the payment. However, they use a process which is more cumbersome for the consumer and in reality the consumer does not care whether the merchant pays a fee or not as long as it is easy and fast to use.

The fingerprint security and the fact that each transaction generates a separate payment encryption code makes using Apple Pay safer than a debit or credit card.

9 years 5 months ago #410107 by No Show
True, what has me concerned however is the hackers walking by you with some crazy code cracking software that rips off your money.  I want this this work, but little concerned. 

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410984 by Tim Kelley
I use it, it's convenient if you don't have your wallet with you.  When you pass your phone in front of the stores reader, you still need to punch in your ATM card code, or verify a few boxes.  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410990 by garyrhook

Tim Kelley wrote: I use it, it's convenient if you don't have your wallet with you.  When you pass your phone in front of the stores reader, you still need to punch in your ATM card code, or verify a few boxes.  

See, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. When would one ever go out without one's wallet, but have one's phone? When you get into an accident are you going to show the office a selfie and say, "this is me"?

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #412827 by Mike Ayrouth

garyrhook wrote:

Tim Kelley wrote: I use it, it's convenient if you don't have your wallet with you.  When you pass your phone in front of the stores reader, you still need to punch in your ATM card code, or verify a few boxes.  

See, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. When would one ever go out without one's wallet, but have one's phone? When you get into an accident are you going to show the office a selfie and say, "this is me"?

When I go to the gym is the only time I don't have my wallet with me, but do have my phone.  I'm on the fence with this.  Unless the goal is to eliminate having a wallet and use payment system like this 100%.  

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #412866 by garyrhook

Mike Ayrouth wrote:

garyrhook wrote:

When I go to the gym is the only time I don't have my wallet with me, but do have my phone.  I'm on the fence with this.  Unless the goal is to eliminate having a wallet and use payment system like this 100%.  

You don't carry ID with you wherever you go? And I'm guessing you're not driving there? What if you get hit by a bus?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024