C & C Witch Doctor Mask

10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #362239 by JeremyS
So im looking for some criticism and critique. What could be done better in these shots, what could be changed etc. As always any advice and commentary is greatly accepted, if you think the photo is garbage, I appreciate that to. Let me know what you think.

10 years 3 weeks ago #363703 by Alex
Interesting shot, for me the 2nd one works.  The others I find the back ground semi distracting.  What's funny is that I have a mask I bought years ago in Venice Italy that has the same finish as this mask of yours.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
10 years 3 weeks ago #363713 by KCook
I also like #2 the best.  But I would not have framed it so tight, and I would have the main light placed a little higher.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 3 weeks ago #364867 by Kim Chui
third one works for me. it's gloomy and mysterious. 

10 years 2 weeks ago #365897 by EOS_Fan
#2 for me is the best.  Creepy looking mask, but cool 

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #366163 by JeremyS
Thanks for the comments everyone. The shots were taken on my kitchen table, so I see what you all mean. I'm working on setting up a makeshift studio in the near future. Including whitebox and a black box + white and black backdrops. Hopefully then I'll be able to put together better photos. 

Thanks Kelly for suggesting about the main light to be a bit higher. I was experimenting with some light positions and I'll definitely give it another try. 

10 years 2 weeks ago #366213 by KCook
Light stands can be fairly cheap, and get the light a lot higher up than a tripod -

www.cowboystudio.ca/category_s/130.htm

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 2 weeks ago #367339 by Nathaniel Witmer
the first photo is over-exposed
the third is under-underexposed
the second is just right.
second is the right pick for me.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024