Robin

9 years 5 months ago #408214 by judiths expressions
img\def
hello would like some thoughts on my photo. I am new to this

9 years 5 months ago #408267 by icepics
I feel like it's in a little too close since the bottom of the robin isn't in the frame. At the top left there's the edge of something just along the frame; usually if I can't make out what something is it seems to be a distraction more than adding to the photo. 

Try to see everything in the viewfinder that's going to be in your picture, you want to notice the background along with the subject. Try looking thru the viewfinder and framing a shot before you start taking pictures to see how the background will look. Then you can move around and change your vantage point, depending on what you're photographing sometimes just a step or two or a few can make a difference.

I like that you happened to get the robin looking at the camera, you saw a good moment to try to capture. If you keep practicing that should help you continue to develop skills.

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: judiths expressions
9 years 5 months ago #408275 by garyrhook
The focus is off, also. I am guessing you were using a center focus point? The blue/gray feathers in front are crips, but nothing else is. In general you want the eyes in focus, so either move the camera (and zoom back to get everything into the shot) or use a different spot focus point.

And don't try so hard to put your subject smack in the middle of the frame. It's not interesting.

I, too, like that he was looking at you. It was a good moment.

Keep it up! Practice, practice, practice.

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408290 by judiths expressions
thank you for the comments, it was a opportune take as he just appeared whilst out on a walk, so it was bit of a point and shoot and see what happens photo.

9 years 5 months ago #408329 by JaneK
I like it, but would like a little bit cooler color tone

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408433 by Travel Nut
Beautiful for sure!

9 years 4 months ago #410354 by Simon Says
Very nice shot.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024