Sunrise over plum Island

11 years 6 months ago #257429 by Papabear63
I took this from Orient Point Beach looking over at Plum Island, while waiting for the "green flash" to appear. All C&C welcomed.

Attachments:
11 years 6 months ago #257436 by John Landolfi
Nice idea. Have you tried this sort of shot using a ND filter? You'll be able to get more exposure on the water without blowing out the sky :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257437 by John Landolfi
BTW, did you get the "green flash"?

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257438 by John Landolfi
PS and, did you get the info about meeting with Alex and Jackie at te PDN show?

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257439 by Papabear63
Thanks John, I'll keep that in mind, I dont have a ND for my wide angle just yet. Well it appears that this "green flash" does not always appear. About PDN i was not planning on going Saturday, i'm going thursday&friday. If i can cancel out of my appointment i will be there.
below is a pic of what the green flash normally look like. I'm not sure if it is an yearly appearance or it happens daily.

Attachments:
11 years 6 months ago #257440 by butterflygirl921
That is a really gorgeous photo papa bear. during the summer every other weekend I take the orient ferry to new London It is really an awesome scenery :judge: :judge: :judge:

11 years 6 months ago #257444 by John Landolfi
WOW! Great catch! It actually exists! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257446 by Papabear63

butterflygirl921 wrote: That is a really gorgeous photo papa bear. during the summer every other weekend I take the orient ferry to new London It is really an awesome scenery :judge: :judge: :judge:

thanks Amanda, it is very nice there. this was only my second time there. I plan on going back out there again. I heard new london is a very nice place also to shoot.

11 years 6 months ago #257447 by Papabear63

John Landolfi wrote: WOW! Great catch! It actually exists! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John, I got the pic from google, i wish i could have gotten a nice picture of it. it would have justified the early morning for me,lol,lol.

11 years 6 months ago #257449 by butterflygirl921

Papabear63 wrote:

butterflygirl921 wrote: That is a really gorgeous photo papa bear. during the summer every other weekend I take the orient ferry to new London It is really an awesome scenery :judge: :judge: :judge:

thanks Amanda, it is very nice there. this was only my second time there. I plan on going back out there again. I heard new london is a very nice place also to shoot.

New London is also awesome but I have never been there at night. I was told its not the best place to be at night

11 years 6 months ago #257550 by Papabear63
Here's a few more pics from yesterday morning.

Attachments:
11 years 6 months ago #257551 by Papabear63

butterflygirl921 wrote:

Papabear63 wrote:

New London is also awesome but I have never been there at night. I was told its not the best place to be at night

Thanks for the info, i will have to keep that in mind for next year Amanda

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024