NIKON D4s announced!

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #350255 by Stealthy Ninja
10 years 2 months ago #350295 by Stealthy Ninja
Now it can take 11 fps shots (up from 10 on the D4)... hehe my 1Dx can do 12fps.
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #350303 by effron
So you're saying the Canon can take crappy JPEG photos faster?..... I'd buy that for a dollar!!!
:side:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350315 by garyrhook

effron wrote: So you're saying the Canon can take crappy JPEG photos faster?..... I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

Ha-ha!

Seriously, though: what's up with compact flash memory? And a 16MP sensor still? I get larger pixels and noise and all that, but couldn't we move to at least 20MP?

This was going to be my target device, but now I'm thinking the D610 or D800, and put the bar at a Mamiya 645.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350365 by EOS Man
Full transparency, I'm a Canon guy. :lol:   I'm surprised that they stuck with the same sensor.  Seems just like that Df camera they released last year, Nikon is just releasing cameras that are using up existing inventory and packaging them as the next world wonder!  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350369 by Screamin Scott
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... I can only assume that they were getting enough out of the megapixels in the current sensor that they felt they didn't need to increase them... More MP could have been a case of diminishing returns. Now I haven't looked at the specs, but I'm sure there are other improvements unrelated to the sensor.... Most times, with most camera model upgrades, no matter who from, the improvements are minimal anyway...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350553 by Joves
:agree:
Yeah that is pretty much becoming the case all the way around. I think for a little while here all the manufacturers are going to be hard pressed to come up with any wow improvements. And just adding MPs is not something that most of us Nikon users really care about. Hell I know many that are still getting along with 12MP just fine, me being one of them.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #350593 by Stealthy Ninja

effron wrote: So you're saying the Canon can take crappy JPEG photos faster?..... I'd buy that for a dollar!!!
:side:

Does the Nikon need to shoot jpeg to get the 11fps?!  HAHA that's hilarious.  

1Dx: The camera can shoot 14 frames per second continuous shooting JPEG (with mirror locked up, no autofocus) and 12 frames per second continuous shooting in RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG with full auto focus and lens aberration correction.

In all seriousness, I'm glad Nikon decided to try and keep up with Canon. But what's with still using the XQD card slot.  Are they hoping that some how that will catch on?!

(srly... it looks like a good camera... but I won't stop the fun just because of that).
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #350597 by Stealthy Ninja

Joves wrote:  And just adding MPs is not something that most of us Nikon users really care about.

Really?

:kmonst:

Seriously though, you're right.  It's getting to a point where you don't really need to upgrade your camera for a long time because the improvements aren't really worth it.  When I had a D3s I didn't feel the need to go for a D4.  I'm not sure how I'd feel about a D4s.  
10 years 1 month ago #350633 by Scotty

garyrhook wrote:

Ha-ha!

Seriously, though: what's up with compact flash memory? And a 16MP sensor still? I get larger pixels and noise and all that, but couldn't we move to at least 20MP?

This was going to be my target device, but now I'm thinking the D610 or D800, and put the bar at a Mamiya 645.

I think you don't understand the target audience of this cam.  btw 16 to 20 mp is pretty much nothing.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350645 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

garyrhook wrote:

Ha-ha!

I think you don't understand the target audience of this cam.  btw 16 to 20 mp is pretty much nothing.

But then again my 1Dx has 18MP... just sayin'  :banana:
10 years 1 month ago #350671 by garyrhook

Scotty wrote: I think you don't understand the target audience of this cam.  btw 16 to 20 mp is pretty much nothing.

Um, okay, I'll tentatively agree with a somewhat content free statement like that. Followed by, "care to explain who the target audience is?"  I am all ears, if not necessarily in the intended demographic.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #350713 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Scotty wrote: I think you don't understand the target audience of this cam.  btw 16 to 20 mp is pretty much nothing.

Um, okay, I'll tentatively agree with a somewhat content free statement like that. Followed by, "care to explain who the target audience is?"  I am all ears, if not necessarily in the intended demographic.

I'm gonna say... sports photographers.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024