Nikon D600 owners

10 years 2 weeks ago #365455 by RobyFoto
Have any of you made the move to the D610?  Have 100% all the D600 problems been fixed?  

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #365503 by hghlndr6
Problems?  As in more than one?  The only problem I'm aware of was the excessive dirt on the sensor which was actually oil deposited by the shutter mechanism. The "problem" diminished with time.  When it need cleaning, I cleaned it ... no biggie, and certainly not a serious problem that warranted replacement with a 610.

Earlier this year, Nikon recalled the 600 ... inspected, cleaned, and replaced the shutter mechanism ... no charge, and they paid the 2-way shipping, regardless of warranty status.  I sent mine in, they had it for a week; it came back like new.  Works great!
10 years 2 weeks ago #365599 by garyrhook
:goodpost:
Nikon appears to have bowed to the implication of a class action in the case of the shutter mechanism. The later production didn't have the problem, and they are making good on the earlier production.

It has been suggested that the 610 was created to separate it from the 600, but the primary difference appears to be the repaired shutter mechanism. Nice try at marketing spin. There's no point in "moving" from a 600 to a 610; it's not an upgrade of any consequence.

Other than that, what problems? I am unaware of any other issues for that camera.

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #365875 by Stealthy Ninja
LOL @ Nikon and their oily sensors....

10 years 2 weeks ago #365971 by effron
Of course Canon sometimes forgets to oil theirs at all.....I'm actually laffin!

www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/06/18...os-1d-c-digital-slrs

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #366813 by Joves

effron wrote: Of course Canon sometimes forgets to oil theirs at all.....I'm actually laffin!

www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/06/18...os-1d-c-digital-slrs

:rofl: :owned:
Welcome to the world of mass production. At least Nikon put on too much oil, as opposed to thinking that it was not needed. And isn't that one of their top of the line bodies too?

10 years 1 week ago #366893 by RobyFoto
My auto focus sticks at times, that's why I was asking.  I was told that Nikon will replace my D600 with D610 today.  Anyone know if that is a fact?  Sounds too good to be true, but if true, then new camera for me!

Photo Comments
10 years 1 week ago #366927 by Scotty
Last I heard Nikon was doing fixes to anybody having problems with the d600.  Some people were actually getting 610 as as replacement.  Just have to harass your nikon rep.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #366929 by hghlndr6
I have not heard of that and I doubt it really since they have committed to fixing the 600 and are following up with that at their expense.  But, who knows?  It could be that upon inspecting a body, they find other problems and determine it's cheaper to replace the body rather than fixing it.  The only place you're going to get an authoritative answer to that is at Nikon.  

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024