Big Photo Contest - 5 Winners Plus Grand Prize!

11 years 5 months ago #258093 by fbicking
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258095 by Marki Photography NYC

This photo was taken in Stony Brook, Long Island on a late afternoon. Had to climb pass some branches in order to get this shot. The camera used for this picture was the Nikon D4 with 24-70mm nikon lens.
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #258113 by f150guygk
This photo was a senior portrait photo taken in Schenley Park, PA using a Nikon D300 Nikon f24-70 lens with 1/250s, ISO 1600, 70mm

Greg Kelly
mrgdawg.com

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #258114 by f150guygk
Photo taken at McConnells Mills, PA using a Nikon D300, f/5.6, ISO400, 1/640s, Nikon 70-200 155 mm

Greg Kelly
mrgdawg.com

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258118 by jarcadeparade
Misty Japanese-esque Coastline

This photo was taken off of the Pacific Coast Highway, near Malibu, California. There was a misty haze that made the scene feel like a Japanese coastline. I wanted to capture the distant, monotone background, and make it pop with the colorful greenery that adorned the rocks in the foreground.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258119 by jarcadeparade
Silhouettes of a Family Seaside Stroll

Captured just before sundown, under the Newport Beach pier, in California. The lighting was just soft enough to express the emotion I tried to capture, in a scene that included a family taking a stroll along the beach together. I enjoyed the shadows and the footprint details, which tell the story of the several families that came before this family. The details of the footprints really contrast with less detailed silhouettes of the members of the family and the darker elements of the pier's underbelly.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258121 by jarcadeparade
Rock Formation Monument

After photographing along a hillside vantage point, off the California coast of Malibu, I was about to leave when I spotted a great natural monument, in the form of a rock. I was previously standing atop this very monument to capture photos of the cliffs and seaside beauty below, but I realized that the vantage point, itself, carried its own breathtaking attributes. I surveyed the scene and chose an angle that allowed the sunlight to reflect off of the surface I was facing and create a contrasting shadow on the left side of the rock. I then ascended the hill just enough to capture 3 different layers of background image, including the vibrant blue ocean, a darker line of clouds, and the stream of skyline above the clouds.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258122 by jarcadeparade
Seaside Reflections and Tidal Inflections

As the sun was giving its final light, the reflections of the seaside water became more distinguished and defined. The reflects of the pier, off of the glossy, water sand provided a mirror-like image, depending on how far the tide was coming in. Given the relation of the tide to the moon, I found it particularly interesting that the moon could be seen at this hour. I wanted to capture each of these elements in one scene, including the reflection of the pier, the pier itself, and the crescent moon, high above. I was pleased with the resulting composition.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #258123 by carlfalcotelo
This Quezon City Memorial Circle, Elliptical Road, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Named after the former President (Manuel L. Quezon - 2nd President) of the country, whose mausoleum stand in the middle. This is around 6:30PM just after sunset, taken with Nikon d3100 at f/22, 1/30 ISO 100.

11 years 5 months ago #258124 by carlfalcotelo
This Quezon City Memorial Circle, Elliptical Road, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Named after the former President (Manuel L. Quezon - 2nd President) of the country, whose mausoleum stand in the middle. This is around 6:30PM just after sunset, taken with Nikon d3100 at f/22, 1/30 ISO 100.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258125 by carlfalcotelo

This is Quezon Memorial Circle located at Elliptical Road, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines. The Park is named after the former President (Manuel L. Quezon - 2nd President) of the country, whose mausoleum stands in the center of the park. This is around 6:30PM just after sunset, taken with Nikon d3100 at f/22, 1/30 ISO 100.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258189 by McBeth Photography
Nikon D200 - AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8
f/16 - 100 ISO - 3 sec. exposure.
Processed in Lightroom 4
Taken near the summit of Mary's Peak in Oregon.

It is what it is.
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258231 by McBeth Photography

Above The Treeline. A view to the north from the highest point in the Pacific Coast Mountain Range, taken from the summit of Mary's Peak at sunset.

Nikon D200 - AF Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8
f/8 - 4 sec. - ISO 100
Marumi DHG Super CPL - Singh-Ray 3 stop GND
Processed in Lightroom 4

It is what it is.
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #258232 by McBeth Photography

A view to the south from the highest point in the Pacific Coast Mountain Range, taken from the summit of Mary's Peak at sunset.

Nikon D200 - AF Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8
f/8 - 1/3 sec. - ISO 100
Marumi DHG Super CPL - Singh-Ray 3 stop GND
Processed in Lightroom 4

It is what it is.
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #258319 by hghlndr6

At Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens on a sunny afternoon, there were butterflies everywhere. This is a Red Admiral.

Nikon P510 zoomed to 98mm (550mm equiv)
ISO 100, 1/320 sec, f/6.1
Hand-held
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024