Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #251995

A buddy just sent me a link to Ken Rockwell's site. Is this guy sponsored by Nikon? What's his story? This is first time I've been to this site and I have to say his review was interesting at best. I'm not sure what to say about this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252004

Not being sure what to say about Ken Rockwell seems to sum it up pretty well. People seem to like him, or love to hate him, etc. I've found some of his writings somewhat entertaining but there might be other sources of information that could give you a more objective review - I don't know that his opinions are what you'd exactly call unbiased.
Sharon

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252006

Well Ken is shall we say just Ken. He is really good at promoting himself as a camera guru to novices, they will quite often quote his words as the Gospel of Photography. Also he says he shoots solely in Jpeg. So that that for what it is worth.

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252029

No doubt someone will post that list of "Ken Rockwell Facts" soon...

Ken is basically a guy with some technical knowledge of cameras who likes to review everything (even stuff he doesn't own). He's not afraid to just make up stuff or make a joke post about something and not differentiate the jokes from the facts. This makes it a hilarious site for people who know about cameras, but also a noob trap.

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252033

I've been there and wondering what that guy must me smoking. :toocrazy:
SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252128

I like the Ken Rockwell & Chuck Norris jokes I saw on here a month or two back :rofl:
Canon 7D, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 100 macro, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 L, Canon TS-E 45, Tokina 12-24

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252160

Prago wrote:
I've been there and wondering what that guy must me smoking. :toocrazy:

You should take anything said by anybody with a grain of salt, Rockwell's no different. I find some great links at his site, but don't agree with a lot he says but find much good info, too. Its become a rite of passage to bash Ken, and you can't be a serious photographer if you don't take swipes at his opinions. I've seen a hundred of these "Rockwell is goofy" threads over the years and they serve little purpose.
Ignore him and go make some photographs!.... :P
Why so serious?

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252231

I get to his site perhaps twice a month, there is some entertainment value there.
EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 100mm f/2
EF 70-200mm f/4
EF 18-55mm
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Ken Rockwell Nikon D600 review and comparisons 2 years 2 months ago #252369

I thought he was sponsored by Canon?