Ken Rockwell calls the Nikon Df "Revolutionary"?

10 years 1 month ago #352183 by Todd Phillips
This is proof this guy is on crack.  Or heavily sponsored from Nikon. :silly:  This camera is far from revolutionary.  When this cameras rumors started to circulate around, I was one of them who was excited.  I thought, how cool, a camera that reminds me of the old film days yet has some fresh technology in it.  Then Nikon delivers this retro body, which first glance is very nice.  BUT, then you look at the specs and realize that Nikon just crammed a bunch of old camera inventory into this.  Far from something you would expect, and certainly not "revolutionary" Mr. Rockwell.  "The Nikon Df is the most revolutionary Nikon since the Nikon F4 of 1986." - Ken Rockwell.  How much did Nikon pay you to make that statement?  Personally I would love a Df, but would rather wait and see if Nikon raises the bar with the guts.  

There, that's my 5 minutes of ranting this morning.  After looking around at reviews and blogs on this camera, this one pushed the wrong buttons with me.  To much fluff, not enough facts IMO.

10 years 1 month ago #352243 by ShutterPal
I think it's a nice camera, but I would have to agree that it's not revolutionary.  Speaking of Nikon disappointments, what about that new D4s?  It's a good day to be a Canon user.  :lol:

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352257 by Joves

ShutterPal wrote: I think it's a nice camera, but I would have to agree that it's not revolutionary.  Speaking of Nikon disappointments, what about that new D4s?  It's a good day to be a Canon user.  :lol:

:rofl:
Yeah okay.
Why because there was nothing really earth shattering? I think you are going to find that Canon is also going to be putting out blah releases as well. Also which of your Canons can you use any Canon lens ever made?

To the OP. Ummm that is just Rockwell being well Rockwell. If you look in the dictionary under attention whore, his photo is there. And the Df is far from being crammed with old tech. With such sweeping statement you would think they used what was in the D700 in it  The camera was and is a novelty camera for the most part for people who are attracted to such a thing. Also it does come with one new feature, and that is that you can use non Ai glass on it, as opposed to the other bodies that can only use Ai or newer.

10 years 1 month ago #352275 by Leilanee
It's Ken Rockwell.  Who cares :P

10 years 1 month ago #352299 by effron
If a Nikon disappointment is what it takes for you to appreciate your Canon, you probably need a different hobby. My D800 is doing the same as before the D4s was released. As for Rockwell, the only time I am aware of him is when his silliness is posted here. I think Joves has it covered.....:S

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joves
10 years 1 month ago #352325 by Leilanee

effron wrote: My D800 is doing the same as before the D4s was released.

Haha I thought that too.  Mind you I shoot Canon

10 years 1 month ago #352335 by Baydream
I think it is well established that Ken Rockwell is a Nikon shill. It that is his idea of "revolutionary" then judge for yourself the skill level of the person. Follow the money.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352345 by Jim Photo
Well I voted for Pedro!  

LOL  who cares, it's just someones view

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352349 by ShutterPal
Oh man, sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be smug about Canon!  I agree, Canon has it's press releases and new cameras that you scratch your head at too!  Just look at the Rebel series.  ha ha ha

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352387 by Leilanee

ShutterPal wrote: Oh man, sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be smug about Canon!  I agree, Canon has it's press releases and new cameras that you scratch your head at too!  Just look at the Rebel series.  ha ha ha

Hey! :( I learned on an XTi and got some pretty damn good mileage on that thing.
*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

Sorry, I had to.  Shame on he who tries to tarnish the reputation of the Rebel series :watching:

10 years 1 month ago #352489 by Marin Chi
I don't pay much attention to reviews like this

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352697 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

ShutterPal wrote: Oh man, sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be smug about Canon!  I agree, Canon has it's press releases and new cameras that you scratch your head at too!  Just look at the Rebel series.  ha ha ha

Hey! :( I learned on an XTi and got some pretty damn good mileage on that thing.
*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

Sorry, I had to.  Shame on he who tries to tarnish the reputation of the Rebel series :watching:

Quit showing off. :silly:
10 years 1 month ago #352735 by Tony Imaging
I have to agree about the D4s, I thought they would have at least given it 20MP.  

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352743 by Stealthy Ninja

:kmonst:  Nikon users scare easily.  They're a highly strung animal that prefer the company of their own kind.  They are quick to defend their almighty leader, known in their language as the "Kien Rook Wall" the meaning of this term is lost on most of our clan, but we can only assume it's something to do with megapixels.
10 years 1 month ago #352835 by KCook
:ntf:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024