Ken Rockwell calls the Nikon Df "Revolutionary"?

10 years 1 month ago #352999 by Rudy Sosa
I kind of like the looks of this camera, just more than I want to spend on it. 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353115 by ShutterPal

Leilanee wrote:

ShutterPal wrote: Oh man, sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be smug about Canon!  I agree, Canon has it's press releases and new cameras that you scratch your head at too!  Just look at the Rebel series.  ha ha ha

Hey! :( I learned on an XTi and got some pretty damn good mileage on that thing.
*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

Sorry, I had to.  Shame on he who tries to tarnish the reputation of the Rebel series :watching:

LOL there is no winning here!  Let me ask this, when the Canon Rebel t5i came out, did you think this was largely different than the t4i?

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353133 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

ShutterPal wrote: Oh man, sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be smug about Canon!  I agree, Canon has it's press releases and new cameras that you scratch your head at too!  Just look at the Rebel series.  ha ha ha

Hey! :( I learned on an XTi and got some pretty damn good mileage on that thing.
*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

Sorry, I had to.  Shame on he who tries to tarnish the reputation of the Rebel series :watching:

Quit showing off. :silly:

JUST SAYING...

I would proudly defend the Rebel series with a spork if I had to :kmonst:

My 1DsIII is better :banana:
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #353213 by Leilanee

ShutterPal wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

LOL there is no winning here!  Let me ask this, when the Canon Rebel t5i came out, did you think this was largely different than the t4i?

The T5i was a retarded gimmick.  They jacked the price up like $600 just for "better video" (how, exactly, I don't know, and I sold those things in retail) and a dial that rotates the full 360 degrees without locking.
You have a point there.  Canon became the new Apple.
But the Rebel as a series is awesome.

@ Adrian:  I'd rather have a 5DIII :P

10 years 1 month ago #353249 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

ShutterPal wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

*cough*

*coughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

The T5i was a retarded gimmick.  They jacked the price up like $600 just for "better video" (how, exactly, I don't know, and I sold those things in retail) and a dial that rotates the full 360 degrees without locking.
You have a point there.  Canon became the new Apple.
But the Rebel as a series is awesome.

@ Adrian:  I'd rather have a 5DIII :P

The 700D is better than the Rebel T5i. :banana:

I'd prefer a 5Diii too, but I paid $1000 USD For a $7500 camera.  That's what you'd pay for a 5Dii these days and the 1DsIII is better than the 5DII.  :D
10 years 1 month ago #353255 by ShutterPal
How did you pull that off for a grand?

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353257 by Leilanee
How'd you snag that deal?

10 years 1 month ago #353269 by ShutterPal
That's what I'm saying, $1000 for a $8000 camera? :toetap:

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #353271 by Stealthy Ninja
:kmonst: Same friend who just bought the Mac Pro and the Fuji X-T1.

He has a 1Dx and finds he has no use for the 1DsIII, so he was going to convert it to a IR camera. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me the price ($8000HKD) so I went for it.

It's in great condition.  Not sure what the shutter count is though, no way to tell. I he only had it about a 1/2 year before getting his 1Dx, so it wouldn't have too many shots on it.

Plus, I saved it from the agony of being converted to IR.  The shame it would have felt... my goodness, poor baby.
10 years 1 month ago #353279 by Leilanee
Aside from the fact that I don't know what IR is, cool beans:side:

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #353283 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote: Aside from the fact that I don't know what IR is, cool beans:side:

Infrared.

You can remove a filter from a sensor so it'll take photos in IR, but it's a one time deal (meaning, once it's done you can't return the sensor to normal) and usually you need to pay someone to do it.

I personally really don't see the point of or like IR photography.
10 years 1 month ago #353287 by Leilanee

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Leilanee wrote: Aside from the fact that I don't know what IR is, cool beans:side:

Infrared.

You can remove a filter from a sensor so it'll take photos in IR, but it's a one time deal (meaning, once it's done you can't return the sensor to normal) and usually you need to pay someone to do it.

:blink: I don't see why someone would do that to such an expensive camera.

10 years 1 month ago #353293 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Infrared.

I agree with you.  Which is why I wanted to save it. 

His idea I think was to at least get SOME use our of it.  Since he had the price kinda low ;)  I thought I'd just go for it.  Honestly I think he's basing the pricing off what a shop would offer him as a trade in.  Which is good for me.
10 years 1 month ago #353677 by garyrhook

Stealthy Ninja wrote: His idea I think was to at least get SOME use our of it.  Since he had the price kinda low ;)  I thought I'd just go for it.  Honestly I think he's basing the pricing off what a shop would offer him as a trade in.  Which is good for me.

But... but.... where's the pop-up flash?

:blink:

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353901 by Joves

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Infrared.

I agree with you.  Which is why I wanted to save it. 

His idea I think was to at least get SOME use our of it.  Since he had the price kinda low ;)  I thought I'd just go for it.  Honestly I think he's basing the pricing off what a shop would offer him as a trade in.  Which is good for me.

:rofl:
I am guessing that this is one of those friends with more money than brains. I love having those types of friends to buy expensive equipment cheaply.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024