How Rude!

10 years 1 month ago #354325 by Cathy Kadolph
I was out and about taking photos this morning and a man stopped me and asked if I was a photographer for hire that he needed portraits of his family done.  I told him yes and answered his questions with ease.  Then he asked for a business card, then stated "I will have my wife call you to set up an appointment".  We shake hands and within 10 feet from me, he tosses my business card on the ground and keeps walking.  How rude!  I'm okay with rejection, but I thought that was a rude way of going about it. 

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354329 by Don Fischer
Hey, his loss! Right? Don't let it bother you.

10 years 1 month ago #354355 by Scott Klubeck
I wouldn't pay much attention.  :agree:   his loss! 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354433 by jkenney57
This man need to find something better to do with his time. Therapy comes to mind.

10 years 1 month ago #354449 by Stealthy Ninja
He may have accidentally dropped it... I dunno.

Makes me think the guy was trolling you.

Did he look like this?
10 years 1 month ago #354451 by Gump
I wouldn't spend to much time worry about what one person does

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354457 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote: He may have accidentally dropped it... I dunno.

Makes me think the guy was trolling you.

Did he look like this?

No, it wasn't Scotty.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
10 years 1 month ago #354481 by Leilanee

Cathy Kadolph wrote: I was out and about taking photos this morning and a man stopped me and asked if I was a photographer for hire that he needed portraits of his family done.  I told him yes and answered his questions with ease.  Then he asked for a business card, then stated "I will have my wife call you to set up an appointment".  We shake hands and within 10 feet from me, he tosses my business card on the ground and keeps walking.  How rude!  I'm okay with rejection, but I thought that was a rude way of going about it. 

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

that is extremely bizarre... Why even bother showing interest if you're going to go out of your way to be an asshole? I probably would have thrown my camera at his head

10 years 1 month ago #354487 by boriqua latina
hey its a good thing u didnt take his photographs, he would had turned out to be a jerk after all ..

10 years 1 month ago #354499 by Stealthy Ninja
Did he giggle a lot? Maybe he was 12 years old? ;)

The other alternative is he was jealous of your embossing:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
10 years 1 month ago #354561 by I shoot RAW
There are rude people, then there are the normal people.  Don't sweat the rude ones, there are plenty of normal people

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354697 by Joves

Leilanee wrote:

Cathy Kadolph wrote: I was out and about taking photos this morning and a man stopped me and asked if I was a photographer for hire that he needed portraits of his family done.  I told him yes and answered his questions with ease.  Then he asked for a business card, then stated "I will have my wife call you to set up an appointment".  We shake hands and within 10 feet from me, he tosses my business card on the ground and keeps walking.  How rude!  I'm okay with rejection, but I thought that was a rude way of going about it. 

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

that is extremely bizarre... Why even bother showing interest if you're going to go out of your way to be an asshole? I probably would have thrown my camera at his head

:rofl: :drool:
You are looking at this from a female perspective.
Just maybe he was assessing as to whether or not she was an easy hook up, so used the I want photos as a ploy to gauge his chances. I have learned over the years there are all types of jerks out there, and do not give them a second thought when they behave rudely. Unless they get physical that is, then that is a different story.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #354699 by Leilanee

Joves wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

Just maybe he was assessing as to whether or not she was an easy hook up, so used the I want photos as a ploy to gauge his chances. I have learned over the years there are all types of jerks out there, and do not give them a second thought when they behave rudely. Unless they get physical that is, then that is a different story.

you make a good point but you really just make him look like more of a prick. Men will never cease to amaze me. Plus, if he was looking for a booty call wouldn't he want to keep the card with the phone number on it?!

Edit: and why would you mention a WIFE?! Do easy women prefer married men??

10 years 1 month ago #354709 by Joves

Leilanee wrote:

Joves wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

you make a good point but you really just make him look like more of a prick. Men will never cease to amaze me. Plus, if he was looking for a booty call wouldn't he want to keep the card with the phone number on it?!

No he would not keep the card if he saw it as a dead end. And yes there are many women who will screw around with a married man. I like to do some amateur sociology experiments. In one I did I wore a wedding band, and hit up clubs. I got hit on more with a wedding band on then I did when I was not wearing one. :lol: It just shows that some buy into the all the good ones are taken, or gay saying.

10 years 1 month ago #354721 by Leilanee

Joves wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

Joves wrote:

Leilanee wrote:

{ranting} 

I'm going for a walk

No he would not keep the card if he saw it as a dead end. And yes there are many women who will screw around with a married man. I like to do some amateur sociology experiments. In one I did I wore a wedding band, and hit up clubs. I got hit on more with a wedding band on then I did when I was not wearing one. :lol: It just shows that some buy into the all the good ones are taken, or gay saying.

good lord.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024