Pre Location Shoot, Just trying out a few angles before finding a nice location to shoot at.

10 years 1 month ago #357553 by Red Rocks Fotografix

10 years 1 month ago #357583 by Jim Photo
I like these shots, I think the close ups are spot on. The front view one, being so close to the building seems like a distraction to me.  Move that away from building and perhaps in front of some vegetation blurred out would be great.  Can't wait to see what you come up with next!  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Rocks Fotografix
10 years 1 month ago #357591 by KCook
The white garage door is Ok as a backdrop for some of the shots.  But if this is to be a whole series of shots then consider additional backdrops to mix things up a little.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 1 month ago #357639 by garyrhook

KCook wrote: The white garage door is Ok as a backdrop for some of the shots.  But if this is to be a whole series of shots then consider additional backdrops to mix things up a little.

That initially bothered me, too, but re-read the OP. He's only talking about the angles, distance, etc. The background is irrelevant, as is (I hope) the lighting.  It's just about the framing and composition, I believe.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357641 by garyrhook
I like #2 and (really like the idea of) #4. The front shot (#5) doesn't work for me at all; I don't quite know why. Maybe too close?

The others are either too far away to make them effective close-up/macro shots due to clutter in the frame and the loss of the subject, or too close to really form an interesting visual. E.g. the shots of the name (#7) is, to my eye, ineffective because of too much of the dash/handlebars/windshield competing for attention.

Perhaps lighting will help tell the story here (since this midday sun is atrocious).

Product photography is not easy.  Pretty bike, though. Love the color.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357737 by KCook

garyrhook wrote:

KCook wrote: The white garage door is Ok as a backdrop for some of the shots.  But if this is to be a whole series of shots then consider additional backdrops to mix things up a little.

That initially bothered me, too, but re-read the OP. He's only talking about the angles, distance, etc. The background is irrelevant, as is (I hope) the lighting.  It's just about the framing and composition, I believe.

Roger that.  I completely misunderstood the exact meaning of the title.  It's my habit to fit the tight shots to the location, never occurred to me to do this the other way around.

dopey

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 1 month ago #357785 by Kenta
I really like #2 and in #4, I think you can see your reflection in the tachometer

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357839 by Stealthy Ninja
For the wider shots I say:

Closer and lower.
10 years 1 month ago #357867 by Red Rocks Fotografix
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I'll take what has been said onboard when I do the final shoot, and post up the results.

The local of being outside of my garage was not my first choice but was home alone with my youngest who was having his midday nap, so couldn't venture out anywhere at the time. Please disregard the lighting and any background you can see in these photos. This was purely an exercise so I could get a feel for what angles and shots would work best and see where I could improve.

I'll be trying a few shots with the bike doing some light painting as well for something a little different, hoping that they come out looking nice. 

10 years 1 month ago #357879 by Red Rocks Fotografix
Bit of a quick edit for a desktop background on my work pc.

10 years 1 month ago #358021 by Prago

Red Rocks Fotografix wrote: Bit of a quick edit for a desktop background on my work pc.

NICE!

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #358141 by The Man
I like that last shot you posted, nice composite! 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #358281 by Red Rocks Fotografix
Thanks Guys.

I'm away at work so unable to get the bike to a location for the final shoot until mid next month. So just trying to brush up on my very rusty photoshop editing skills. 

Here is one more I finished today. A little different to the last one.

Thoughts????

10 years 4 weeks ago #358587 by Stealthy Ninja
I just realised that bike is called a Ninja.

10 years 4 weeks ago #358905 by Sandy Smith Photos

Red Rocks Fotografix wrote: Thanks Guys.

I'm away at work so unable to get the bike to a location for the final shoot until mid next month. So just trying to brush up on my very rusty photoshop editing skills. 

Here is one more I finished today. A little different to the last one.

Thoughts????

My brother would totally love this shot.  I think it's engaging and interesting. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024