Photographers, are you a 'Introvert' or 'Extrovert'?

10 years 6 days ago #367773 by KCook
I'm too introverted to post a response :side:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 6 days ago #367797 by Joves
An extrovert here who shoots mostly nature, wildlife, and landscapes. I could shoot people but that is not what interests me now. I like being around people, but I also love to be away from everything as well. To me you have to strike the right amount of balance to have a good life.

10 years 6 days ago #367801 by Don Fischer
I'm an introvert. Only time I generally shoot people is when they don't know I';m doing it. Don't care to deal with people much. My friends know it and are alright with it, the rest I don't have a clue how they feel and don't really care. As close as I come to talking to stranger's is on web sites. Don't know why but my screen name on every site I'm on is my own name! Should have some neat screen name,,,,,to hide behind! I envy extrovert's! 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Findley
10 years 6 days ago #367827 by Ian Stone
Depends on who you talk too, but I would say I'm more of a extrovert

Photo Comments
10 years 5 days ago #367849 by effron
I am an introverted extrovert with an inferiority complex, and a casual superior, even snooty attitude.

(Clueless, of course.....)...:unsure:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 5 days ago #367859 by photobod
Extrovert people shooter my big mouth just keeps on talking, but I can listen when I need too.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

10 years 5 days ago #367937 by ThatNikonGuy
Most of the time extrovert.  However I do have my introverted days!

Photo Comments
10 years 5 days ago #368023 by C.C.
LOL  I'm such a introvert

Photo Comments
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #368107 by garyrhook
Anecdote:

I keep scoring ENFJ on the Myers-Briggs test (E for extrovert). At my previous employer we took a class that applied MB ratings to work environments and teams (made lots of sense).  After taking the test the instructor had us line up according to I-E scores, total introverts on one end, total extroversts on the other. I landed smack in the middle.

The instructor than talked about the behaviors of those at the far ends, then the moderate ranges. When got to us in the middle, he described us as introverts that had learned to be extroverts. Given what I knew of the others, and of myself, we all agreedthat he was spot on; we had just never thought about ourselves in that way. I prefer to be alone to recharge, and I don't like being around others simply for the sake of being out and about. I do like to engage with others in meaningful ways.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Findley
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #368227 by Findley
I think this nails it for me, too (garyrhook). Basically I'm very much an introvert, but have learned to overcome somewhat. I play in a band and am over the stage fright but still find it unnatural to emote to the audience, for example. I'd rather be photographing nature scenes but still enjoy cityscapes and street walking shoots.

10 years 3 days ago #368323 by ShutterPal
:agree: good post  

Photo Comments
10 years 3 days ago #368401 by Stealthy Ninja
Depends on the situation. Generally I prefer not to be the centre of attention.... hey are you paying attention to me?! HEY!

But seriously. I'm pretty much an introvert who's learnt to be extroverted when I need to be.
10 years 3 days ago #368505 by Conner
Same here, most of the time I enjoy the solitude, but to enjoy the interaction here and there when at social events.  I'm just never the guy up on the stage. 

Photo Comments
10 years 3 days ago #368703 by James Sencil
Photography is an art before a business. Meaning, it is meant for expression and beauty. And because it is beautiful, people would buy it. Therefore I say, most photographers are introverts before they extrovert. It is always a combination of two, but one would always predominate.

10 years 2 days ago #368899 by Stealthy Ninja

James Sencil wrote: Photography is an art before a business. Meaning, it is meant for expression and beauty. And because it is beautiful, people would buy it. Therefore I say, most photographers are introverts before they extrovert. It is always a combination of two, but one would always predominate.

So yes, no, perhaps and maybe?

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024