Do you edit photos while on vacation?

9 years 11 months ago #370205 by Stacy Craig
With my vacation coming up.  I'm trying to decide do I want to bring my laptop and iPad or just iPad?  Seeing that I can get on the internet and check email from my iPad, the only reason I would bring my laptop is to edit photos. My iPad fits nicely in my purse and I don't need to bring additional carry on bag. 

Part of me thinks I want to edit on vacation, but then other half of me is thinking... enjoy myself!  Deal with editing when I get home. 

What is your opinion? 

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370305 by effron
I usually do some editing if get the time. I use my laptop to move my images onto my portable hard drive though, just about nightly when I'm on a "trip".....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370313 by Richard Taylor
ha ha ha

I chuckle about this because I always bring my laptop, with the intention that I will do some editing.  I never do!  

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370333 by Vahrenkamp
I wait till I get home.  But I still bring my laptop with me. 

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370375 by Luca
I wait till i get home.  But then there have been times I don't get to editing photos for months!

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370455 by Paris Gal
You kidding me?  When I'm on vacation, one of the last things I'm going to want to do is sit behind a computer and post process photos.  Not a chance!  I want to get out and explore and take in as much as I can.  Even in the evenings, when back at hotel, that is relax time.  

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370523 by Dana Leeson

Paris Gal wrote: You kidding me?  When I'm on vacation, one of the last things I'm going to want to do is sit behind a computer and post process photos.  Not a chance!  I want to get out and explore and take in as much as I can.  Even in the evenings, when back at hotel, that is relax time.  

+1 my thoughts too

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370555 by garyrhook
I just had a 3-week business trip, where I had some time on the weekends to get out and shoot. Other than sharing a few shots with my wife, the laptop was used to make a copy of the images (for safekeeping) and to look through what I got to ensure I got something worth keeping. Otherwise, no. I prefer to edit on my desktop system.

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370579 by Moe
Vacation is for relaxing, so no for me

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #370949 by Little Kate
Do I have to?  ha ha ha  not if I don't need too! 

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #371151 by Allen D
For the most part no, I don't touch my photos while on vacation.  Actually I'm trying to think of a good example of needing to edit while on vacation.  Nope, can't think of one.  

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #371561 by Chris Briggs

Allen D wrote: For the most part no, I don't touch my photos while on vacation.  Actually I'm trying to think of a good example of needing to edit while on vacation.  Nope, can't think of one.  

I'm the same way, when I'm on vacation, unless I'm getting paid for taking photos there.  I'm enjoying myself!  

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #376916 by Ottis
My wife would disown me if I did my editing while on vacation.  I'm just barely flying below the radar as it is with all my camera gear.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #376928 by Scotty
Depends on the vacation.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #377011 by Flash Steven
:agree:  exactly, many times while traveling with my wife, while she is getting ready in the AM, I'll use that time to edit my photos.  

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 70-300mm f2.8; Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024