What kind of photo tour would you like?

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #387428 by Oahu Photo
Aloha,

I run a photo tour in Hawaii ... not a workshop. We go out for a few hours at a time capturing amazing photos so that you don't have to piss your family off stoping every 5 min to take another shot. Right now I do a sunrise, sunset, full day (that is about 10 hours from sunrise until mid afternoon), and a full moon tour. I am currently about to start up a few other types of tours but I am curious. What would you want as an option for a photo tour. If you only one day to go out and shot something, what would you want it to be? This could be for anything, something new, something creative, something dangerous, something your familiar with ... anything. Maybe talk about the ones you have been on and really enjoyed. Love to hear any thoughts.

Mahalo,
Alex
9 years 9 months ago #387431 by JeremyS
Being to O'ahu myself, I think having a Diamond head Tour, and maybe a North Shore tour and/or Jungle(ish) tour. I think that might not be a bad idea. Let me know if you implement any of these tours, I myself if I ever go back might join you for it!

9 years 9 months ago #387441 by Randy Shaw
I would want to go into the back alley street vendors where you can get a feel for culture of the Hawaii people.  The main spots are fun, but I always feel they are just a front for tourist.  When I travel, I always try to get off the beaten path.  Things might not be as glamorous, but they are more authentic.   

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387444 by KCook
Door off helicopter.

2nd choice would be offshore sunset from a big yacht.

Ok, back to earth, I could never afford either of those.  But drone photography along a surf line should not be too rich?

dreamer

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 9 months ago #387453 by Silver Fox
Well you asked for it:

1. Lava
2. Rain forests 
3. Morning sunrises on isolated beach that looks like a human never set foot on it
4. Fire dancers towards sunset
5. Lighthouses 

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387493 by KENT MELTON
Grand Canyon of the Pacific!  and I would want to visit that huge cemetery that is out there.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387494 by KENT MELTON
I couldn't remember the name and I had to Google for it:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Memorial_Cemetery_of_the_Pacific  

That's the cemetery I was talking about in my last post.  

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387523 by Sawyer

KCook wrote: Door off helicopter.

2nd choice would be offshore sunset from a big yacht.

Ok, back to earth, I could never afford either of those.  But drone photography along a surf line should not be too rich?

dreamer

Now that is what I'm talking about!  I can't remember the show that I saw (some Discovery show I think), they were scouting one of those Hawaii islands with a drone and the pilot of it flew it too far out and it crashed somewhere in the sea.

As for me the volcanoes would be fun with all the lava.  Street photography is fun, but can get crowded and distracting.  I would want to get to locations that were really isolated as someone else stated here.  Didn't they film Lost out on one of those islands?

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387608 by garyrhook

Sawyer wrote: they were scouting one of those Hawaii islands with a drone and the pilot of it flew it too far out and it crashed somewhere in the sea.

:pinch:

Didn't they film Lost out on one of those islands?

"Lost" was shot in Hawaii, yes.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387628 by Office Guy

KENT MELTON wrote: Grand Canyon of the Pacific!  and I would want to visit that huge cemetery that is out there.

I had to Google this, never heard of it!

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387637 by IzzieK

Office Guy wrote:

KENT MELTON wrote: Grand Canyon of the Pacific!  and I would want to visit that huge cemetery that is out there.

I had to Google this, never heard of it!

That might be interesting...

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #387841 by Oahu Photo
Those are great ideas! The lava is hard to get to is awesome to photograph. As for the other, we already do these. We will have some really good options soon, so make sure you check us out if you ever make this way :)

The Waimea canyon in Kauai is epic. You can do a lot of hiking other there. 
9 years 9 months ago #387864 by effron
A trip to the big island and an overnight on one of those volcanos for some astrophotography. Moonless summer night, and some hot black coffee.......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387908 by MYoung

effron wrote: A trip to the big island and an overnight on one of those volcanos for some astrophotography. Moonless summer night, and some hot black coffee.......;)

I just closed my eyes and could practically smell the salt cool air!  

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #387945 by Alex

Oahu Photo wrote: Those are great ideas! The lava is hard to get to is awesome to photograph. As for the other, we already do these. We will have some really good options soon, so make sure you check us out if you ever make this way :)

The Waimea canyon in Kauai is epic. You can do a lot of hiking other there. 

Alex do you need special permits to get close to the lava, or is it just a strenuous hike to get to the good spots? 

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024