Non-professional photographers who carry their camera at all the times?

9 years 7 months ago #395407 by Joe Peterson
I get it, that amazing photo of the deer in the field, I missed because my camera is at home under my office desk in a camera bag.  But honestly, how many of you who are NOT Pro's, carry your camera with you from morning to night?  I try to, but I get lazy and often end up not having it with me.  Then that cool shot presents it's self and you smack your forehead and wonder why didn't you have your camera. 

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395409 by Stealthy Ninja
I'm not non-professional but anyway, I'll give my opinion...

I used to carry around a D800 and some prime lenses back in the day, but haven't since I got into mirrorless. Mirrorless cameras are really light compared to DSLR cameras and give you just as much IQ generally speaking.
9 years 7 months ago #395429 by Joe Peterson
You mind me asking what gear do you carry with your mirrorless set up?

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #395431 by Stealthy Ninja
Depends but daily: a7 with sony 55 1.8  I also have a bunch of M mount lenses I sometimes use.
9 years 7 months ago #395440 by some1sangel
i'm a non-professional and carry my camera and tripod with me at all times along with extra batteries and an extra sd card.  there are plenty of shots worth taking and i don't want to spend the extra gas going back to look for the shot i missed earlier.

9 years 7 months ago #395445 by Randy Shaw
You got me thinking about this.  I would say maybe 60% of the time I have my camera with me.  Other times, it's good old iPhone to the rescue.  

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395449 by some1sangel
i use a simple point and shoot.  i have two:  one i carry, the other stays home.  i don't yet have a complicated camera with lenses and filters.

9 years 7 months ago #395458 by Stealthy Ninja

some1sangel wrote: i'm a non-professional and carry my camera and tripod with me at all times along with extra batteries and an extra sd card.  there are plenty of shots worth taking and i don't want to spend the extra gas going back to look for the shot i missed earlier.

Carry or leave in your car?
9 years 7 months ago #395531 by KenMan
As my wife :rofl:    - "Why do you always need to carry your camera, you aren't always taking photos with it" - I'm always ready!  

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395542 by Rudy Sosa
Well I wouldn't say it's always on my hip, but I do carry it almost everywhere I go.  

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395618 by Scott Klubeck
:agree:  same with me

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395645 by JeremyS
I carry my camera with me when I am going on a trip or am going for a drive or a walk somewhere, I won't take it on my way to work or on my day to day business that is not very interesting and presents no opportunities for me.

9 years 7 months ago #395651 by Julie Staas
You kidding me?  Mine's under my pillow with me at night.  :rofl:

Country Girl out for a stroll
Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #395706 by [email protected]

Julie Staas wrote: You kidding me?  Mine's under my pillow with me at night.  :rofl:

THAT'S what that is under your pillow!

9 years 7 months ago #395784 by Uplander
Always have mine with me, well most of the time

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024