Do people actually read their cameras manual from start to finish?

9 years 7 months ago #401578 by Marvel Fan
Who are these manufactures kidding?  :rofl:   I'm the new guy here and most likely will get ridiculed now.  Seriously, I have been trying to work my way through my 70D's manual now and having a tough time keeping focused.  I need a beer now.  

9 years 7 months ago #401594 by garyrhook
No. I use the index and access the information I need, when I need it. I already know how a shutter release works, and how to navigate menus.

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401606 by effron
I never even opened my D700 manual. I ordered a David Busch book when I got the camera and it has a bunch of pictures, which makes better reading for the neuron deprived.....;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401678 by Conner
Collectively of all the times I have picked it up... maybe 80% of it.  Sitting down at once, never. 

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401706 by Ben Vanderbilt
Nope, reference only for me. 

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401711 by Hassner
Page through it when camera is new, just to find out about unknown features.
I read later if I need to know something particular.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401723 by Marvel Fan
Ah, I don't feel out in left field now, lol

9 years 7 months ago #401907 by ThatNikonGuy
I tried last year and made it about 20% into the manual, then go side tracked and never came back. 

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #401939 by Joves

Hassner wrote: Page through it when camera is new, just to find out about unknown features.
I read later if I need to know something particular.

:agree:
That is the same thing I did, that and to see which new features I was not going to be ever using. The only manual I read straight through was my D50s, it was my first digital slr. After that it was only to see what was different.

9 years 7 months ago #401975 by Luca
Reference only

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #402060 by ubookoo
As consumers today we expect any product to be designed for intuitive use. However, only after I cannot figure something out or what I need requires a strange combination of actions, do I go to the manual.

9 years 7 months ago #402164 by Perry
I think my manual is still in the original box the camera came in

9 years 7 months ago #402166 by the goalie
How nice to have an actual manual to read. I have just bought my third canon camera powershot sx50hs, and it did not have a manual. A cd to read on the computer, not very helpful in the field. Bad move Canon!!

9 years 7 months ago #402181 by H Rocky
I haven't been that board, so no.

Photo Comments
9 years 7 months ago #402186 by Scotty
Mine are still in the wrappers sealed up, with the camera strap that came with the cameras.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024