Does your spouse support or understand your interest with photography?

9 years 6 months ago #405705 by Glen Mosley
I'm happily married, and have been interested in photography for nearly 3 years.  My wife at times get's upset because I bring my camera with me all the time.  I'm taking photos of use too, but what get's her is the set up time I take for each frame vs take a quick shot with her camera.  She has a Nikon point and shoot camera that all she has to do is point and press the shutter.  To me, there's a big difference between a point and shoot camera and a DSLR. 

Did your spouses support your photography interest from the start or did they 'warm up' to it over time? 

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405745 by Glen Martin
Yes, but it cost me a camera. I have gotten her involved in photography. 

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405831 by Joves
This is why I am single. :lol:
Well one of the reasons, but not the only one. The only g/f I ever had that was a serious photographer shot another system, and was mad that I would not change over to hers so she could use my lenses. That one did not work out too well.

9 years 6 months ago #405852 by Conner
Yes, otherwise we would have a bumpy relationship

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405857 by Stealthy Ninja

Joves wrote: This is why I am single. :lol:
Well one of the reasons, but not the only one. The only g/f I ever had that was a serious photographer shot another system, and was mad that I would not change over to hers so she could use my lenses. That one did not work out too well.

Not because your avatar is actually you? :kmonst:
9 years 6 months ago #405935 by effron
"Does your spouse support or understand your interest with photography?"......

Why, yes she does support and no she doesn't understand......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405937 by Joves

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

:(
What?! Are you saying I am not pretty?
We can't all be Ninjas, and attract the women by being mysterious.

9 years 6 months ago #405942 by John Landolfi

effron wrote: "Does your spouse support or understand your interest with photography?"......

Why, yes she does support and no she doesn't understand......;)

:rofl: :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405980 by Roy Wilson
Most days yes, but when I fail to put the camera down.  You know what I'm talking about, then, she'll make a comment or two.

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #405983 by Screamin Scott
Another "yes & no" here... She likes when I have paid shoots, but she doesn't like it when I take my camera everywhere...Says I can't enjoy the places we go if all I'm doing is taking pictures.... She also says I have more than enough gear, even though most of it is quite a bit older stuff.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #406109 by Foggy
Well it depends, if I'm smart about things, yes, if I'm selfish and not paying attention to her, well then no, she's not to excited about my photography hobby.   

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #406123 by Stealthy Ninja

Joves wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

:(
What?! Are you saying I am not pretty?
We can't all be Ninjas, and attract the women by being mysterious.

What can I say? Some of us are just naturally awesome, handsome and ninjas.
9 years 6 months ago #406189 by H Rocky
Most days, yes :whistle:

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #406366 by Adam G
Tricky question.  Most days yes, the other days when I'm having one of my 'moments' no

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #406438 by ThatNikonGuy
Depends on her mood :rofl:

Just joking... She's good with it

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024