Would you stick with the same camera brand...

9 years 5 months ago #408674 by KCook
I would look at other brands.  I like experimenting with stuff that is new and different to me.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 5 months ago #408691 by Learner
I'll say with what I have, a windfall would be nice to get another lens.

9 years 5 months ago #408731 by Screamin Scott
Must not have had much other gear in terms of other lenses et al if it all was taken from his car.... I wouldn't be able to fit all of my gear in a bag in my car.... Not by a country mile... That said, it would mean getting familiar with a number of different buttons/dials/menus that the olde system put in different places. As long as they had this as a hobby & not a profession, that's their prerogative. I wouldn't change.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408735 by Joves
:agree:
Yeah I am pretty much good with what I am using. I have tried a couple of relatives Canons, and did not like them much. That and for me to change over all of my glass to another system would be cost prohibitive. But as Scott said it is his choice, so more power to him.

9 years 5 months ago #408782 by effron
I've used Canon and its a quality line, just different. Been shooting with and happy with Nikon for forty five years. However, there is one thing Canon offers that is in a class of its own, and if you're a macro shooter you know what I'm referring to. The MPE65 lens is simply the most awesome close up lens made and in skilled hands produces macro images like no other.
If I had the money, I'd own a top notch Canon body and that lens in addition to my Nikon gear. 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408789 by Pettigrew
I'm not opposed to different brands.  Honestly, I most likely would stick where I'm at, mainly because of how it feels in my hands. 

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: muscularchristian
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #408794 by muscularchristian
I'm not really a loyal to any one brand  for the most part I use my Nikon  until I was blessed by someone from my church who asked me if I wanted his Camera gear
a canon Rebel XT with three lens and three extensions speed flash remote cord ect   now I use them both Canon and Nikon
Nikon being my main Camera Canon being my back up.

9 years 5 months ago #408824 by Don Fischer
I use Nikon's because they are what I pretty much always used, I know about how to them and they do feel right in my hands. I don't think Nikon makes a better camera than Canon or pretty much any other camera. I've got a number of lens from the film days they work on my D70 but won't auto focus on my D5000. Enough lens that when I do get a new body it will be a Nikon. Just found another I'd forgot I had from the film days, Sigma 28-200. Good walking around lens. After getting a new camera of a different brand imagine the cost of replacing all the lens too! I have inexpensive one's but still couldn't afford to replace them all with a new camera. 

9 years 5 months ago #408868 by NicoIa
I guess the real question to ask is "why should I change"? A professional would probably decide to change if and only if was not happy at least with one feature of his gear. I guess for a hobbyist that's a different choice, if there are very convenient sales going on or if a new revolutionary camera has just been released: for instance I know one or two canonists who decided to switch to Nikon when the D750 was released because of the excellent low-light performance (better than the D4 or anything else according to DXOMark) 

9 years 5 months ago #408883 by EOS_Fan
Absolutely!  Long live Canon!

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408939 by Robert Chen
I'm going to have to say yes.  Mainly because it's what I have been using for years and have muscle memory with the controls and settings.  

Nikon D300 24-70mm f2.8
70-200mm f2.8
50mm f1.4 & 50mm f1.8
105mm f2.8
2 SB800

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408949 by Chris Curran
Same answer for me.  I'd stay, on the principle that it's what I'm used too.  I would rather not have to relearn camera controls again. 

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #408969 by Marvel Fan
:agree:

9 years 5 months ago #409007 by Ryan Obryan
I'm staying right here

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409087 by Howard T
Well it looks like most of you would stick where you are.  I kind of figured that would be the case. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024