Would you stick with the same camera brand...

9 years 4 months ago #408939 by Robert Chen
I'm going to have to say yes.  Mainly because it's what I have been using for years and have muscle memory with the controls and settings.  

Nikon D300 24-70mm f2.8
70-200mm f2.8
50mm f1.4 & 50mm f1.8
105mm f2.8
2 SB800

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #408949 by Chris Curran
Same answer for me.  I'd stay, on the principle that it's what I'm used too.  I would rather not have to relearn camera controls again. 

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #408969 by Marvel Fan
:agree:

9 years 4 months ago #409007 by Ryan Obryan
I'm staying right here

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409087 by Howard T
Well it looks like most of you would stick where you are.  I kind of figured that would be the case. 

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409155 by garyrhook

Howard T wrote: Well it looks like most of you would stick where you are.  I kind of figured that would be the case. 

Well, it's always nice to have your expectations met, isn't it?

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409210 by D Hornick
Why switch?  That would mean additional learning curve.  No thank you. 

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409246 by Meskill
No question for me.  Yes I would stay right where I'm at.

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409658 by Orlando Bohland
Happy where I'm at, so yes, I'm sticking where I'm at.  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409708 by Conner
Unless you have a ton of free time on your hand or just dislike your existing camera, it doesn't make sense to move to another brand.  You'll lose productivity IMO. 

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #409804 by Tim Entin
Yes and here is why:

Canon - almost bought, but I don't like controls and the cameras look plan (and that matters when taking a photo) :rofl:
Pentax - Bulky
Sony - Bulky, however would consider their mirrorless, which of course aren't as bulky

Nikon - where I'm at and just comfortable with.  

9 years 4 months ago #410036 by ubookoo
I think most of us stay with a particular brand because of our investment in lenses. Changing to a new body is easy when you can still use your current lenses.

However....if i lost everything and had to buy everything new, I would have no loyalty. I may end up going back to the same brand but it would be an excellent opportunity to reconsider all the options.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #410120 by garyrhook
I disagree with the above. Most of us stay with a particular brand because it fits, presuming a wise decision was made in the first place. If the equipment does the job and works for you, why would you change? If you are willing to change, then the original equipment wasn't right in the first place.

It's really a rather silly question, IMO.

If I lost everything I currently own (Nikon) I would buy Nikon again. I do not care for Canon hardware because it makes no sense to me. I would not buy a Sony A7, nor Oly, nor Fuji, nor any other mirrorless system because it won't do the job. I won't buy Hasselblad nor Mamiya because I can't afford it nor is it the right equipment for me, not could I effectively use it.

If you can't address your existing choices along these lines, I suggest you didn't try to hard in the first place. Or, as can happen, your needs have changed and a different brand is now a better fit. The latter is perfectly reasonable and not unheard of.

Again, IMO.

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #410139 by alexander_lewis
If I had the money, I think I will buy a variety of different brands of digital camera products.

9 years 4 months ago #410175 by Guy Farrell
Sure would.  I bought Canon for a reason. It's the right fit for my needs.   

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024