Would you stick with the same camera brand...

9 years 5 months ago #409087 by Howard T
Well it looks like most of you would stick where you are.  I kind of figured that would be the case. 

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409155 by garyrhook

Howard T wrote: Well it looks like most of you would stick where you are.  I kind of figured that would be the case. 

Well, it's always nice to have your expectations met, isn't it?

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409210 by D Hornick
Why switch?  That would mean additional learning curve.  No thank you. 

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409246 by Meskill
No question for me.  Yes I would stay right where I'm at.

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409658 by Orlando Bohland
Happy where I'm at, so yes, I'm sticking where I'm at.  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409708 by Conner
Unless you have a ton of free time on your hand or just dislike your existing camera, it doesn't make sense to move to another brand.  You'll lose productivity IMO. 

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #409804 by Tim Entin
Yes and here is why:

Canon - almost bought, but I don't like controls and the cameras look plan (and that matters when taking a photo) :rofl:
Pentax - Bulky
Sony - Bulky, however would consider their mirrorless, which of course aren't as bulky

Nikon - where I'm at and just comfortable with.  

9 years 5 months ago #410036 by ubookoo
I think most of us stay with a particular brand because of our investment in lenses. Changing to a new body is easy when you can still use your current lenses.

However....if i lost everything and had to buy everything new, I would have no loyalty. I may end up going back to the same brand but it would be an excellent opportunity to reconsider all the options.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #410120 by garyrhook
I disagree with the above. Most of us stay with a particular brand because it fits, presuming a wise decision was made in the first place. If the equipment does the job and works for you, why would you change? If you are willing to change, then the original equipment wasn't right in the first place.

It's really a rather silly question, IMO.

If I lost everything I currently own (Nikon) I would buy Nikon again. I do not care for Canon hardware because it makes no sense to me. I would not buy a Sony A7, nor Oly, nor Fuji, nor any other mirrorless system because it won't do the job. I won't buy Hasselblad nor Mamiya because I can't afford it nor is it the right equipment for me, not could I effectively use it.

If you can't address your existing choices along these lines, I suggest you didn't try to hard in the first place. Or, as can happen, your needs have changed and a different brand is now a better fit. The latter is perfectly reasonable and not unheard of.

Again, IMO.

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410139 by alexander_lewis
If I had the money, I think I will buy a variety of different brands of digital camera products.

9 years 5 months ago #410175 by Guy Farrell
Sure would.  I bought Canon for a reason. It's the right fit for my needs.   

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410315 by Little Kate
That's what it boils down too!  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410365 by Master Photograffer

Robert Chen wrote: I'm going to have to say yes.  Mainly because it's what I have been using for years and have muscle memory with the controls and settings.  

This is what it really boils down too   

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #410374 by animalhass
I am not brand loyal, and if I was able, i would do a better job of exploring all the options before I purchased. I bought Canon because of the name association, but my 7D never feels "right" in my hand.

'Rie

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024