What's the most dangerous spot you have photographed?

9 years 4 months ago #411540 by TedReichner
I've been asked to photograph one ultralight open cockpit airplane from another one.  Sounds like a cool gig, the pay is pretty good.  Actually part of what I'm supposed to do is apparently one of the riders in the other plane will be jumping out of the plane.  He's a skydiver and obviously has a parachute on.  Either way, I'm supposed to be photographing this taking place as well.  Right after he jumps out, the plane that I'm in will do a nose dive towards the skydiver (from a safe distance) for me to get some additional photos.  

This by far, will be the most dangerous spot I have photographed.  When in situations like this, do you charge any sort of added fee for risk?  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411550 by effron
Dangerous? I got charged by a bear a few decades back, but I was on a Mexico camping/photo trip once when the Federales descended on a US Rugby team camping nearby that had just drunkenly demolished a cantina in San Felipe, and I was also "rounded up",  and I felt a lot more fear then than anytime in my life. When we were released after the cantina owner acknowledged we weren't party to the riot, we promptly broke camp and drove home. I haven't been back south of the border since. I would take the bear anyday.........:dry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411586 by Joves
:rofl:
Yeah that is why I do not go south of the border much anymore. That and it is like Beirut in most of the border towns.
I guess it depends on what you consider dangerous. My brother in law of extremely afraid of heights. He thought that me dangling of the side of a rock shear to get a photo of a cactus that had blooms on it was dangerous. To me I had a good hand hold so it was plenty safe.

9 years 4 months ago #411588 by Mike Ayrouth
A few years back, I climbed up under a bridge that had some bungee jumpers going off it.  I was taking photos of the people pulling off these swan dives with the mountains behind.  I had no safety harness, in retrospect wasn't one my brightest moves. 

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411603 by KCook
Yup, flying in an ultralight would have to rank near the top.  Or try a crop duster.

chickenlittle

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 4 months ago #411637 by Photo Junky
Holiday photos at my wife's house :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411649 by Tuscan Muse
In the deep jungle in Costa Rica.  I mistook a huge boa for a tree root.
9 years 4 months ago #411687 by KENT MELTON

Tuscan Muse wrote: In the deep jungle in Costa Rica.  I mistook a huge boa for a tree root.

How big do they get there in the wild?

As for me, nothing exciting that can compare to some of your examples.  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411709 by Nick Whitman
Same here, but one area I would love to get into is photographing caves.  Have you seen some of the images of the ones in South America?  Beautiful!  But dangerous to get to. 

9 years 4 months ago #411810 by Orlando Bohland
Last year kids Christmas party :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #411927 by Stealthy Ninja
No where really dangerous. Tall places I guess, but never that dangerous in my opinion.
9 years 4 months ago #412041 by Miss Polly
I would be terrified in an airplane like that!  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #412070 by KenMan

KCook wrote: Yup, flying in an ultralight would have to rank near the top.  Or try a crop duster.

chickenlittle

I was thinking the same thing!  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #412150 by Trisha.M
Some of you guys are nuts!  I hate walking over bridges let alone being up in an airplane like that.  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #412322 by Tuscan Muse
Kent Melton - The boas in Costa Rica have heads as big as footballs.  The one I stumbled up on had just eaten a pesote, which is the Costa Rican version of a raccoon.  The boa I saw was about 12 feet long.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024