Client looking for ways to trash a wedding dress

9 years 2 months ago #423958 by Frisco
Frankly this is one of those rituals that never add up to me.  However client is the client.  So this one is asking for ideas on how to trash their wedding dress.  I've only come up with paint ball, mud, river (this is a summer wedding), ATV in mud (the live on a farm).  

I don't know, I don't see the purpose of this so my creative thoughts are striking out.  Any ideas?  

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #423961 by JeremyS
Just from my own experiences playing paintball, if you want her in the dress... Its going to hurt like hell for her, if you want to paint it with the paintballs, its going to take a while, and if you expect the paint to stay, it washes off quite easily.

Water will do it, recently we saw in the mainstream tv throwing paint cans/bottles at the bride... Those are the two I can come up with off the top of my head.

9 years 2 months ago #423982 by Moossmann
You could always use motor oil 

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #423983 by Stealthy Ninja
Quick search revealed:

Seems super stupid and wasteful to me. But what do I know about American culture?!
9 years 2 months ago #423985 by Stealthy Ninja
9 years 2 months ago #423995 by Hassner
If they want to go sexy, let the groom jump in there with scissors or huge cutting shears?
Shoot the process as the dress gets shorter and shorter.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424010 by garyrhook

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424016 by effron
Silliness. If they just made the dress out of a big corn tortilla, all would be needed is some salsa and a few hungry hombres, no?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424061 by icepics
I'd be careful about making suggestions, what if you tell them to do something and someone gets hurt or something gets damaged? I don't think I'd even make suggestions, but leave that to them what they want to do and up to you if you want to photograph it.

Probably it's most likely they'll have fun and it will be reasonably harmless, and it depends on how well you know the b&g, but if they're drinking/partying or just get carried away I don't know if any responsibility for what happens might fall on you.

I don't think getting into a river sounds like a good idea unless they're experienced boaters/skiers and have life preservers etc. for anyone participating. Depends too on where they want to do this, if they want to go to a park etc. it may or may not be allowed to do a photo shoot like this on the property (and what happens if they accidently trash the property?).

If I wasn't comfortable with what they are planning to do I'd decline; accidents can happen but I wouldn't want to be the one taking pictures if something happens and what they had in mind wasn't safe to start with. I'd get the specifics in a contract I think and I hope you're insured to cover doing this.

Sharon
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424082 by Don Granger
rolling down a hill :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424098 by Hassner
Law is a funny thing. You abide by what you believe is right and wrong. You get the basics from the Bible and the detail from the law of the land. We inherited most of the British law in South Africa. Our view of the American law is that it does not make space for common sense.

"Lets set fire to your dress."

"O wow, sounds fab!"

"My wife nearly died! Reconstructive surgery will cost millions. You will pat for every sent."

What happened to common sense? "Burn my dress? With me in it? Who's your pyrotechnics people? On which movies did they work?"

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424132 by Randy Shaw
Common sense went out the window for many years ago!  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hassner
9 years 2 months ago #424531 by Alan Nunez
I don't get it but I can see how you could take some very cool wedding photos this way

9 years 2 months ago #424721 by Miss Polly
:owned:   never 

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424742 by effron
Law, in China, S Africa or the US and everywhere  are for the 1%. That percentage of nitwits that believe law applies only to others, the group that were born without a lick of horse sense, the ones that continually drink and drive, steal, assault, riot, push cameras into faces, burn wedding dresses, etc.....and the groups that defend these idiots are no better. They are costing the rest of us TRILLIONS!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024