$8000 and 15 days, where would you go?

9 years 2 months ago #424142 by JeremyS
I'd kill for a chance to drive up and down scotland again, but for a month and the goal of getting amazing photos. Scotland was absolutely amazing around easter. I suspect in the summer it would be equally incredible. Especially up north. There is lots of isles that are incredible to visit, they look like they have just cracked off of a mountain and floated away.

9 years 2 months ago #424220 by Ian Stone
A cruise!

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424252 by Hoss
+1 Ireland

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424257 by Scotty
Japan.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #424268 by Hassner
Ebola is twice as close to Europe than it is to South Africa.
Your $ will get you everywhere and back.
A bread cost less than $1, a beautiful steak at a great restaurant $8-12...

We have summer, beautiful beaches with beautiful women, Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world with a cable car to the top and great views, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, nature, forests, great game parks two hours drive away, (some just with buck a lot closer), lakes, rich flower veriety, great sunsets, a semi desert (Karoo) 3 hours drive, and ME.
You do not need a workshop, one on one is still the best teacher.
I am a location scout for the film industry, so I know the nooks and crannies.
Free of charge. (I lied, you buy lunch. ;) )

We just love visitors here. (Specially Photographytalk friends. :) )
Hassner Pepler

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424276 by Hassner
Another top 10 list for Cape Town.
Awful photo though.

travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top...ca_21758_600x450.jpg

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424290 by Ted Helm
Some good locations getting named here.  I would say:  Japan, China, S. Africa, or Antarctica 

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424346 by stuartsbarbie
Most assuredly New Zealand, Ireland and the hide away place of Japan.  No workshops just lots of fun with the camera and the hubby

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424391 by Jacko
Maine, Alaska, Iceland, and China for me

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424419 by JaneK
I forgot Sweden and Norway

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424431 by garyrhook

JaneK wrote: I forgot Sweden and Norway

The problem with those is that I'd want to be there in both summer and winter.

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424487 by Screamin Scott
Anyplace you have never been before as that will allow you images you never were able to get.... How much to spend/how long to stay all depends on where you wind up.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424498 by Richard Taylor

garyrhook wrote:

JaneK wrote: I forgot Sweden and Norway

The problem with those is that I'd want to be there in both summer and winter.

Exactly!  I would love to photograph the castles there both in nice lush green, and again in winter months.

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424501 by Don Fischer
I was stationed in Germany for three years. One thing that always got me was the old ruin's of castle's. The Heidelberg Castle is a tourist trap but what a beautiful Castle! I've always wanted to go back to Germany someday as a civilian rather than service man. Only thing wrong with it is the transportation there and back. Bet that's fairly expensive.

9 years 2 months ago #424524 by ilh2009ky
I agree with just about all of the places and destinations previously cited.  In addition, I would suggest doing an around the world trip:  start in San Francisco or Los Angeles and head to French Polynesia (both the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora).  Next, head to Fiji then New Zealand (spend several days in Queenstown and definitely ride the jet boat), then, on to Australia (Sydney and Melbourne).  From there, head to Bali and then on to either Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket and Chang Mai) and/or Singapore (the best shopping in the world and some of the best food!!!).  Then, I'd stop in Sri Lanka, India and Mauritius on the way to Madagascar (to photograph the lemurs.  No ebola here; although there have been several reports of the bubonic and pneumonic plague.  If this scares you, skip Madagascar and head to Tanzania to photograph the wilderbeast migration, South Africa and then on to Barcelona.  Next is Iceland (spend a minimum of 2-3 days here).  From there, head to Patagonia (both the Chilean and the Argentine sides.  Checkout Torres del Paine and stay at the Explora en Salto Chico ), Brazil (Iguassu Falls and Rio) and the Galapagos Islands.  Then, on to Machu Pichu and, finally, back home (with a short trip to Banff and the Canadian Rockies).  As you start planning your trip, you may have to eliminate some places due to time and your own particular interest.  I have been to several of the places I mentioned except for Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Iceland and the Galapagos.  But, I still have these places on my bucket list!  The good thing is that now you can travel light with a digital SLR.  I remember taking 100 rolls of Velvia and Provia on my trip to Chile.  Quite heavy especially with my film in double lead lined bags.

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024