$8000 and 15 days, where would you go?

9 years 1 month ago #424276 by Hassner
Another top 10 list for Cape Town.
Awful photo though.

travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top...ca_21758_600x450.jpg

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424290 by Ted Helm
Some good locations getting named here.  I would say:  Japan, China, S. Africa, or Antarctica 

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424346 by stuartsbarbie
Most assuredly New Zealand, Ireland and the hide away place of Japan.  No workshops just lots of fun with the camera and the hubby

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424391 by Jacko
Maine, Alaska, Iceland, and China for me

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424419 by JaneK
I forgot Sweden and Norway

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424431 by garyrhook

JaneK wrote: I forgot Sweden and Norway

The problem with those is that I'd want to be there in both summer and winter.

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424487 by Screamin Scott
Anyplace you have never been before as that will allow you images you never were able to get.... How much to spend/how long to stay all depends on where you wind up.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424498 by Richard Taylor

garyrhook wrote:

JaneK wrote: I forgot Sweden and Norway

The problem with those is that I'd want to be there in both summer and winter.

Exactly!  I would love to photograph the castles there both in nice lush green, and again in winter months.

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424501 by Don Fischer
I was stationed in Germany for three years. One thing that always got me was the old ruin's of castle's. The Heidelberg Castle is a tourist trap but what a beautiful Castle! I've always wanted to go back to Germany someday as a civilian rather than service man. Only thing wrong with it is the transportation there and back. Bet that's fairly expensive.

9 years 1 month ago #424524 by ilh2009ky
I agree with just about all of the places and destinations previously cited.  In addition, I would suggest doing an around the world trip:  start in San Francisco or Los Angeles and head to French Polynesia (both the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora).  Next, head to Fiji then New Zealand (spend several days in Queenstown and definitely ride the jet boat), then, on to Australia (Sydney and Melbourne).  From there, head to Bali and then on to either Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket and Chang Mai) and/or Singapore (the best shopping in the world and some of the best food!!!).  Then, I'd stop in Sri Lanka, India and Mauritius on the way to Madagascar (to photograph the lemurs.  No ebola here; although there have been several reports of the bubonic and pneumonic plague.  If this scares you, skip Madagascar and head to Tanzania to photograph the wilderbeast migration, South Africa and then on to Barcelona.  Next is Iceland (spend a minimum of 2-3 days here).  From there, head to Patagonia (both the Chilean and the Argentine sides.  Checkout Torres del Paine and stay at the Explora en Salto Chico ), Brazil (Iguassu Falls and Rio) and the Galapagos Islands.  Then, on to Machu Pichu and, finally, back home (with a short trip to Banff and the Canadian Rockies).  As you start planning your trip, you may have to eliminate some places due to time and your own particular interest.  I have been to several of the places I mentioned except for Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Iceland and the Galapagos.  But, I still have these places on my bucket list!  The good thing is that now you can travel light with a digital SLR.  I remember taking 100 rolls of Velvia and Provia on my trip to Chile.  Quite heavy especially with my film in double lead lined bags.

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

9 years 1 month ago #424671 by Hassner
I think Guy has flown of the radar.

If you are back, ;) please let us know where you've been.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424720 by Alex
These are a combination of places I have been and just love, also places I haven't been and would love to visit!  

1. Iceland
2. Barcelona
3. Paris 
4. Rio de Janeiro 
5. Edinburgh 
6. Prague

Either way, you are getting some great suggestions here.  Good luck and take plenty of photos!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424743 by effron
Ian, the amount to spend was eight grand, not eight million!.....:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424744 by effron

Alex wrote: These are a combination of places I have been and just love, also places I haven't been and would love to visit!  

1. Iceland
2. Barcelona
3. Paris 
4. Rio de Janeiro 
5. Edinburgh 
6. Prague

Either way, you are getting some great suggestions here.  Good luck and take plenty of photos!

City slicker!!!.....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #424768 by Dragonflies
I'd recommend: Scotland, Ireland or even Norway

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024