Digital post production SUX or NOT?

9 years 1 week ago #431237 by KCook
Mostly Lightroom.  Also a little ACDSee, Elements, and Irfanview.

hate - Clumsy cataloging schemes (hello Lightroom) and tonal corrections just for print jobs.

like - Optimizing exposures and vibrance (I'm a sloppy shooter).

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 1 week ago #431239 by Eliffman

Alan Nunez wrote: I am starting to get the feeling that Time is a bit of a problem! Anything else?

Time is everything! ;)

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431241 by Alan Nunez

Eliffman wrote:

Alan Nunez wrote: I am starting to get the feeling that Time is a bit of a problem! Anything else?

Time is everything! ;)

True. I find that the learning curve when the tools change or new tools become the norm can be a problem too but I guess that also comes down to time.

9 years 1 week ago #431245 by Soccer Mom

GWS wrote: Mostly CC - Photoshop and Lightroom. A few plugins.

Time is the biggest drag for me

+1

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431259 by Scott Klubeck
Photoshop, Lightroom, Nik Software, MacPhun

hate: the laborious, mundane work that is repetitive.  

love: seeing a photo of mine become awesome because of post 

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431297 by Camera Diva
I'll bite, what's the survey for?

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431342 by Jessa Layton
Same with me, LR and PS, time is the biggest negative 

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431357 by Alan Nunez

Camera Diva wrote: I'll bite, what's the survey for?

To be honest I have a wholesale graphic design and fixed price photo editing company. We are expanding this year and particularly in Photo post production. I am trying to work out what are the tools that everyone is using and what problem I can best solve for photographers. Really all the thing I have heard are the same as I feel about digital post production but is is nice to know I am not the only one.

9 years 1 week ago #431366 by Vahrenkamp
:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431377 by Alan Nunez
Time...time ....time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years 1 week ago #431425 by garyrhook

Alan Nunez wrote: Really all the thing I have heard are the same as I feel about digital post production but is is nice to know I am not the only one.

No, you are not the only one.

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431431 by JeremyS
I really hate having to always look up new tutorials and I hate spending oodles of time when it could be spent doing other things.

I really love when I can picture a photo in my head, and then through Post I can turn that idea into reality. Did that with a couple of my recent shots! 

9 years 1 week ago #431472 by Jessy Page
OMG, timing is what keeps up moving forward.  Which photos would come out of camera already processed.  Wouldn't that be nice.  

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #431530 by Joves
I use PS/CS for now.
What I hate about it is that it is processing. I have hated processing since I was shooting film. I still have to be in the mood to do it, and do it right, if I am not in the mood to do it then the images will reflect that I was not into doing it.
What I love about digital is it is not film. Also I can make my prints without having to do much more than pushing the print button.

9 years 1 week ago #431559 by Stanly
Well I must say, I'm no different from many of the others here.  Time when I'm in a rush get's me.  

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024