Another reason to have your cameras rolling

9 years 1 week ago #432209 by Uplander
I don't know why the steward at the end tells him to put the camera down, isn't it still our right to be recording or taking photographs of what we want?  

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #432211 by JeremyS
Being in a plane, I would assume you are no longer in public property, ex: you cant just walk up to a plane and go for a tour whenever you like. With that being the case, you are then under the scrutiny of whoever owns the plane, which then falls down onto the stewardess. Long and short of it is, you aren't on public property (eg, a street or a public park) so then you don't have that right anymore. Hell, in most public places it is arguable that you don't have the right lol. 

9 years 1 week ago #432212 by Colorado Mike
:agree:   The airline owns that space  

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #432215 by garyrhook

Uplander wrote: I don't know why the steward at the end tells him to put the camera down, isn't it still our right to be recording or taking photographs of what we want? 

No, I did not watch the video. I don't need to in order to address the fundamental issue.

Which is, please tell me you're joking?

If you read the fine print on a ticket, you'll find that you are, by purchasing, entering into a contract with the airline. They get to decide what you can and can not do. There are no "rights" involved. The contract affords you only those privileges that they decide. You are not in public, your are being conveyed in private property.

And if you actually read the ticket, and listen to the stewardess, you are legally required to obey them. You don't really have a choice in the matter. Amazing how no one bothers to listen to that information any more.

You might be able to tell that I have little patience when folks start fussing about their "rights" without giving equal weight to responsibilities.

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #432221 by Connie K Photos
That was hilarious, I bet he sobered up thinking "oh $h!t" what did I just do!

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #432236 by Robert Chen
What an idiot, sorry.  With regards to the photographer, yes good catch.  

Nikon D300 24-70mm f2.8
70-200mm f2.8
50mm f1.4 & 50mm f1.8
105mm f2.8
2 SB800

Photo Comments
9 years 1 week ago #432275 by Joves
The aircraft, and some airports are private property with public access, not public property. It is the same for restaurants, shopping centers, malls, and their parking lots even, they can restrict your right to shoot photos anytime they choose. Far too many people think that they have more rights than they do, and some do not stand up for their rights when they should. The first make it harder for us to get support when we are justified in sticking by our rights, the former do not care, or condone some restriction, making them the dangerous ones.

9 years 1 week ago #432299 by ThatNikonGuy
What a tool

Photo Comments
9 years 6 days ago #432366 by EOS_Fan
LOL  Well that was comedy to watch.  

Gary is right on this one.  That ticket is your ticket to abide by the airlines rules.  Don't like it, fly somewhere else.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024