Gitzo Basalt vs Feisol 3 years 9 months ago #5424

I would happy to get some input on selecting a new tripod and ballhead. This is for my Canon 40D and my two larger lenses would be a 300mm f4 and 70-210mm f2.8. I'm certain no professional, but would like a decent product. I had been leaning towards the CT-3442 Feisol Tournament tripod but then found the Gitzo GT2830 3 -Section Basalt with their GH2781 ballhead to be a pretty sweet combo?

I would really appreciate your help on what direct to go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gitzo Basalt vs Feisol 3 years 9 months ago #5468

I would go with the Gitzo, that is a great tripod set up!

Re: Gitzo Basalt vs Feisol 3 years 9 months ago #5487

+1 on the Gitzo
Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

Re: Gitzo Basalt vs Feisol 3 years 9 months ago #5592

Looks like Gitzo is getting most votes, does anyone even have a Feisol?

Re: Gitzo Basalt vs Feisol 3 years 9 months ago #5611

Chipper wrote:
I would happy to get some input on selecting a new tripod and ballhead. This is for my Canon 40D and my two larger lenses would be a 300mm f4 and 70-210mm f2.8. I'm certain no professional, but would like a decent product. I had been leaning towards the CT-3442 Feisol Tournament tripod but then found the Gitzo GT2830 3 -Section Basalt with their GH2781 ballhead to be a pretty sweet combo?

I would really appreciate your help on what direct to go.

I've been looking at a few difference options for a new tripod investment and from all the research that I've been able to find, Gitzo is top notch. I may be getting one myself, just not 100% sure on which one yet.