What is the strangest thing in your camera bag?

13 years 4 months ago #7159 by Happy Hour
Mine is pretty boring, but I met this photographer at Starbucks this morning who had a big 'ol role of duct tape in his bag. He said you never know when this was needed and that this had saved his butt a few times.

Let's have some fun with this one, what is the strangest thing in your camera bag?:lol:

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #7161 by Travel Nut
I have a old buffalo nickle that I carry for luck. It's right in the center pocket of my camera bag.

13 years 4 months ago #7170 by Solstar
If I am wandering around I carry a $15 dry bag that I bought at an outdoors store. It's light, packable (made of rubber lined nylon) and just big enough to get my camera with lens into if it rains; which it does often in Costa Rica.

13 years 4 months ago #7245 by Yasko
I have something similar, it's a small role of scotch tape!

I use it to cover the electrical contacts of my teleconverters when I attach them to my old manual screwmount telephotos, because the metal adapter I use would otherwise short them out and cause errors on my camera body.

13 years 4 months ago #7253 by Addicted2Photos
I have a collection of power bars that are all squished up at this point, but have been in there for months! I better check the date on those before I eat them. LOL

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #7275 by bhowdy
I also keep a small roll of duct tape on my bag (the size that you see near the checkout in a big box store). Also have a small multi-tool plier and a small flashlight. Not sure if they are unusual but I hike into places before daylight, so they all have been used at various times.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 4 months ago #7277 by Yasko
Same here. One of those tiny mag lights.

Not sure if it's so weird, but I also use those white fuji film snap-top canisters to store cleaning cloths, allan wrenches, and any other small loose thingies in my camera bag. Anyone else do that too?

The following user(s) said Thank You: aetherius
13 years 4 months ago #7279 by Screamin Scott
I also have a small light. I also keep one of those cheap waterproof poncho's in my bag as I never know when I might get down on the ground for shot & it helps when the ground is damp due to rain or dew or muddy...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #7285 by Joves
Well what is strange to some is normal to me. I have a First Aid Kit, magnesium firestarter, powerbars, extra magazines for my .45, carabiners, bug juice, sunblock, compass, maps. I also store my AA batteries in one of those travel soap dishes.

13 years 4 months ago #7314 by Uplander

Joves wrote: Well what is strange to some is normal to me. I have a First Aid Kit, magnesium firestarter, powerbars, extra magazines for my .45, carabiners, bug juice, sunblock, compass, maps. I also store my AA batteries in one of those travel soap dishes.

LOL how big of a bag do you have? I'm thinking you are ready to go camping! ;)

As for me and my bag, I have a wine cork screw, garage door clicker, and a t-shirt wadded up! :lol: :lol:

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #7316 by bhowdy

As for me and my bag, I have a wine cork screw, garage door clicker, and a t-shirt wadded up!

What good is the cork screw without a bottle of wine? :P

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 4 months ago #7319 by KVRNut
I guess in this digital age, it's rare to see a notebook to record the picture stats but I carry one in each camera bag. The other out of the ordinary things I carry are a couple of 8' x 8' plastic drop sheets, a couple of those plastic foil survival blankets, LED flashlight, and a spare set of auto keys.

13 years 4 months ago #7324 by Frank The Tank
Wife's baseball cap from a few months ago

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #7326 by Joves

Uplander wrote:

Joves wrote: Well what is strange to some is normal to me. I have a First Aid Kit, magnesium firestarter, powerbars, extra magazines for my .45, carabiners, bug juice, sunblock, compass, maps. I also store my AA batteries in one of those travel soap dishes.

LOL how big of a bag do you have? I'm thinking you are ready to go camping! ;)

As for me and my bag, I have a wine cork screw, garage door clicker, and a t-shirt wadded up! :lol: :lol:

Well I pretty much am to tell the truth. I have the Camelbak BFM so it carries alot. I carry emergency items incase something happens and, I get stranded for some reason. I also have a Space Blanket My stomping grounds in the back country of N.Az and anything can happen.

13 years 4 months ago #7440 by NormNYC
Nothing to off beat in mine, does that make me boring? :silly:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024