Looking For Someone To Develop Vintage Film Found in Family Camera

9 years 3 months ago #417229 by stuffAboutHockey
 Hi,
Although I'm a 'digital age' photographer, I recently started digging around for old film cameras [mostly polaroid cameras].  After my grandmom passed away I found an old Kodak Instamatic 124 Camera at her house. .  The camera itself looks shot, the lens is filled with moving debris but there was a roll of film in it [11 of 12 exposures shot, I managed to get the camera to advance it to 12+ xx so I could get the film out safely].  The film type says 126 / 12 exp Rite Aid Color Print Film Process C-22.

I don't know if the film is still able to be developed and/or if there is anything on there.  But if there's maybe some old family shot that can be recovered, or negatives that can be used to create new prints, I'd really like to have them developed.  As I'm guessing the suggestion on the cartridge "for best developing return to your nearest rite aid store" isn't going to work out too well & the cartridge is really strange looking I don't think even photo labs that still do 35mm film would develop it [if you know of one that would please let me know]. 

So I was wondering if anyone that does their own film development wouldn't mind helping me out & developing it for me.  I can pay for chemicals / time if someone is familiar with the film type and/or thinks they can help develop it for me.  [There may not be anything usable on there]  I just thought if there's a chance for some yet unseen family photos, it'd be cool to see them.  I'm 99.9% sure it's a family camera, so I wouldn't expect some great lost work of a famous artist/photographer [but you never know]. 

Also if someone is interested in the camera [which isn't usable as-is] that might be able to clean it up and / or replace parts.  The lens itself has powdered/crushed [what looks like sheetrock or something] filled behind it.  The inside [after removing the film cartridge] was pretty clean with a little dust.  It looks like whatever is under the lens came from an external source & not something in the camera.  It also seems like there's supposed to be something that either broke off or gets attached to the top to wind the film.  The film itself was pretty strange looking [to me anyway] & I don't know much about if its adaptable to take newer film.  I'm guessing they no longer sell it at rite aid.  The [used] cartridge I pulled out says: says 126 / 12 exp Rite Aid Color Print Film Process C-22.

Anyway, I'm mostly looking for someone to help develop the film [or let me know if they know of a photo lab that can develop it for me]. 

Thanks
Dezi

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024