Sony Camera Forum:

Welcome to the Sony Camera Forum by PhotographyTalk, the place to discuss Sony cameras. Here you can question, comment, and talk about Sony cameras such as the Alpha, A55, and all things Sony. The following are reviews of some Sony cameras that we recommend:  Sony A35 | Sony A55 | Sony a580L | Sony A900 | Sony NEX C3 | Sony NEX 5 | Sony A77

Sony HVL-F58AM flash for Sony A900 2 years 11 months ago #189459

I currently have the Sony HVL-F43AM flash and would like to get more fire power. I've been considering the HVL-F58AM flash, but every time I finally want to buy it's not in stock. For example right now B&H is out of stock again. Perhaps this is a sign from upstairs :whistle:

My question is if there are any good side by side photographer comparisons between these two flashes.

Are there any "off" brand flashes that work good with the Sony A900?

Thanks

Mitch
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sony HVL-F58AM flash for Sony A900 2 years 11 months ago #190085

In my experience, items that seem to always be out of stock is a good thing. The item keeps getting sold and the company can't keep it in stock long enough, so they have to wait for shipment from the manufacturerto make/ship the product. I say the next time you see it in stock, (and check everyday) buy it. Or check other sites like Amazon.

Re: Sony HVL-F58AM flash for Sony A900 2 years 10 months ago #195652

I think I might just have to do that

Re: Sony HVL-F58AM flash for Sony A900 2 years 9 months ago #209791

I am using a Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-1 digital on my A900 and I am very satisfied with it. I bought it new for almost half of the price like the Sony HVL-F58AM was at that time. So that's another point for the Metz.