Sony Camera Forum:

Welcome to the Sony Camera Forum by PhotographyTalk, the place to discuss Sony cameras. Here you can question, comment, and talk about Sony cameras such as the Alpha, A55, and all things Sony. The following are reviews of some Sony cameras that we recommend:  Sony A35 | Sony A55 | Sony a580L | Sony A900 | Sony NEX C3 | Sony NEX 5 | Sony A77

Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN for Sony E mount 1 year 11 months ago #265631

Short lens review: Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN for Sony E mount & M 4/3 mount.

I've had this lens for just a few days. I'm using it on a Sony NEX -3. A fantastic, little lens for the price ($150 @ B&H, Adorama...). Image quality is excellent. Better than the Sony lenses I have. Looks really good in the corners even at f/2.8. Nice size: 1/2 way between the Sony 18-55 and the Sony 16mm. This will probably be the lens that stays on my NEX.

I was wary to read of "thunking" caused by a loose lens element in many of the reviews. Apparently this is how the lens was designed. A floating element moves slightly when the lens is un-powered. I read some griping about this, but with the lens in my hand it's not a big deal at all. Some reviews bitch about the plastic construction, but it seems quite soundly built to me.

My only gripe: I wish Sigma had skipped the fancy lens case, and included a lens hood instead. I never use these fancy cases.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN for Sony E mount 1 year 11 months ago #265749

I'm surprised to hear of a new Sigma with a price that low! Wish my 10-20 had been priced like that.

Kelly
Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN for Sony E mount 1 year 11 months ago #265767

When I started out I had nothing but disdain for Sigma products. I have become a true believer. The Sigma lenses I've used since switching to digital have been some of my favorites.