Sharing the Light and Some Love for PT Members

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #389927 by Tuscan Muse
Tuscan Muse has two Photography Workshops coming up in October in Tuscany, Italy.  Both workshops are being taught by the best instructors in the business.  Each workshop has a targeted theme, but they also allow for taking shots of most anything that peaks your interest.  Tuscany is famous for its “photographer’s light” and that light is especially wonderful in October.  Here is a great example of the “light” on a typical day in October:

Our home in Tuscany is in the Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage site.  Here are some images of Val
d’Orcia, to give you an idea of the beauty of our home base:

Montepulciano

Val d'Orcia near Montalcino

Our Photography Workshops are known for sparking creativity and building portfolios.  In addition to superb classroom instruction, we tour the most beautiful areas of Tuscany.  Our transportation crew is accustomed to hauling around photographers.  When someone yells, “Stop!” they know there’s really not an emergency; it is just another “pazzo” (crazy) photographer that wants to get a shot.  Here are some images from our past Photography Workshops:

Sant' Antimo Abbey was built in 781 AD.  It is one of the few Abbeys left in the world where you can hear live Gregorian chant by the monks that are in residence there. It is also the birthplace of Tuscan Muse, but that is a story best told over a glass of Tuscan wine.

Duomo (Cathedral) - Siena

Sunset in Seggiano, in the "backyard" of our home. This is Socrates, who will sing you the song of his people at any given moment!

Val d'Orcia near Pienza

San Gimignano- Ancient olive wheel presses used for pressing olives into olive oil.

Dinnertime is always special.  The meals are prepared by one of Italy’s most beloved Master Chefs.  He is quite a character.  There are always 4 courses and without fail, lots of excellent wine. (Think Brunello, Nobile, Chianti and all of the “Super-Tuscan” wines.) The camaraderie among the photographers cannot be beat. Typically, we are all showing images that we have shot during the day between bites. Here are some food photos taken during our recent Food Photography Workshop and a shot of me with the crazy Chef, Enrico.

Spinach Ravioli filled with fresh Ricotta and sauced with 4 cheeses.  This is only the second course!

The ever popular, Chocolate Butterfly, a dessert worth every calorie.

Linda Bass and Enrico Casini

All of our workshops include both pickup and drop off from the airport, all ground transportation, accommodations, all breakfasts, all dinners and workshop instruction.  

SPECIAL OFFER FOR PHOTOGRAPHY TALK MEMBERS
We hope that you’ll join us in Tuscany!  As a member of Photography Talk, you are entitled to a $200 discount off the price of either workshop.  When you register, simply enter the Promo Code:  "PTALK"

Here are links to the workshops to learn more:

October 4- October 14, 2014
"Through a Tuscan Lens"
- People and Street Photography Workshop,Ulrich Brodde, Instructor

http://www.tuscanmuse.com/workshops-tours/through-a-tuscan-lens 

October 17 - October 26, 2014
"Maximum Exposure" – Landscape and Travel Photography Workshop, Bryan Pereira, Instructor

http://www.tuscanmuse.com/workshops-tours/maximum-exposure 

Grazie Mille (Many Thanks),
Linda 
9 years 8 months ago #389929 by Vahrenkamp
Your getting a bump from me because of the Chocolate Butterfly dish.  Delish! 

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #389933 by Tuscan Muse
Vahrenkamp it is an amazing chocolate experience! :cheer:
9 years 8 months ago #389937 by Stealthy Ninja
DANG IT, now I'm hungry.

See you guys later, I'm off to LUNCH! :D
9 years 8 months ago #389948 by Leilanee
I'm in love with that third photo.  Beautiful!

9 years 8 months ago #389992 by JaneK
Yummy!  Lucky for me it's almost dinner time.  These are really beautiful photo!

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #390030 by Alex
Hi Linda, 

First let me say, what extraordinary photos!  I have traveled all around the world and must say, one of my favorite places to visit is Italy, and you have done a great job painting a picture of what to expect.  I am however disappointed with your post.  You have posted the food photos and it has reminded me of some of the best meals I have EVER had, which happen to be in Florence, Italy!  Not only am I now hungry and lunch is 3 hours away, but I'm looking on Expedia for trips to Italy! ;)   For those who haven't experience Italy, I would highly recommend you visit.  BTW Linda... the discount is awesome... who doesn't like to save some money these days?!  :thumbsup:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #390064 by Tuscan Muse
Alex, you should book a trip for you and your wife  that coincides with the workshops!  We would love to have you and I promise you the culinary experience of a lifetime! Oh, and the opportunity to get in a few great shots as well!

La Dolce Vita!
9 years 8 months ago #390137 by Exposure Tours
Its not surprising the likes of Michelangelo, Raphael and hundreds of other artists are from Italy or have worked there, talk about inspiration and walking in the steps of greatness!

There truly is something unique about the light, or maybe its the timeless landscapes? perhaps its the villages dating back 200 years before Columbus set sail,   or maybe its just the amazing food and wine! 

Ill take all of the above please!
9 years 8 months ago #390174 by Luca
Second that :beerbang:

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #390241 by Tuscan Muse
Thanks to all of you for your comments and taking the time to look.  Here's a photo of Enrico, the Chef, making gnocchi for dinner one night. Everything he serves is handmade, in season and locally grown.  Tuscany was part of the slow food movement long before it became popular.

9 years 8 months ago #391052 by Alex

Tuscan Muse wrote: Alex, you should book a trip for you and your wife  that coincides with the workshops!  We would love to have you and I promise you the culinary experience of a lifetime! Oh, and the opportunity to get in a few great shots as well!

La Dolce Vita!

{The gears are turning!}

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #391140 by Tuscan Muse
I have pondered what to say to each of you about this post.  On Saturday, my friend and partner, Enrico Casini, passed away quite unexpectedly.  Needless to say, my grief has prevented me from being very productive these past few days.

I do not want any of you to be misled about the workshops.  Enrico had an assistant chef on board and his wife is also a capable chef in her on right.  Together, they will continue to prepare the dishes that Enrico so lovingly created. Le Casacce, the agritourismo in Tuscany, will continue to be the home of Tuscan Muse.  Enrico would wish for nothing else.

The workshops will go on as planned.  We hope that you'll join us in Tuscany.

Linda 
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #391154 by Alex
I've never had the honor of meeting Enrico, but have heard so much that I feel I know who this man was.  The world loses a culinary master, a friend of all, and someone who took great pride in pleasing worldly travelers with his love for cooking.  Please accept our condolences. 

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #391166 by Tuscan Muse
Thank you Alex for your kind words.  

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024