Out of the Gate, ran into IDTEN error.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #403730 by Houston144
My Oldest brother told me to join Viewbug, I am 52 which I am the youngest of four which that really makes him my OLDEST Brother but...

I haven't been on Viewbug all that long, which at the moment I am rather more amused than I am impressed with what I have seen so far on the site, which the amusement came from me actually trying to see How-to-Enter one of my pictures into a contest that my oldest brother has kept me amused with his story's of over the past years...and I found it was easy.

So, about a week later I was still learning how to navigate Viewbug, which I am not a newbe to a HTTP websites and please for a moment take in consideration I am older than the internet and I have been around the block on this global labyrinth thingy called the internet a time or two, so, I got woke up real early in the mourning which luckily it was a Saturday and I was quietly surfing the net on my iPod and decide to see how that entry was doing on Viewbug to see just how that works, which here is what I saw once I figured out how to check it which that is up in the banner under contest which I only had one, so that was easy.

Note the word "Won"....

So like in the Christmas Story, yes the house was quite nothing was moving not even a mouse,  I Jumped out of bed and off to get on to my computer thinking my iPod was having an issue, which in my amazement on the PC, I navigated to my entry just like I did on the iPod and there it was...((btw CNTRL+ prtscrn) (open infraview) (CTRL+V)) works real well for saving a screen shot which as you can see, I did because again, I am not new to this thingy as you can tell.

A couple of hours pass, which just in that time frame, I managed to basically Tell-The-World, that the picture I entered in to a contest on this websit that my brother egged me in to -WON- (insert image of a touch down dance) which my oldest brother hasn't yet managed to win one of these yet and out of the gate, first try, bam. Which when I mean I told the world I am serous because I run my own site which is easier to navigate than viewbug and a 'members only' Facebook group that spans nine continents.

So to add to that, way before the wife was to awake, yes I kept the excitement quietly to myself, I woke her with a cup of Coffee to see for herself, which with her sleepy stair she said that's great, give your iPod away when you get it because there is all ready one to many devices in this house as it is while I was still doing the touchdown dance when mentioning my oldest brother has never won.

Refresh, Refresh, Refresh all day long, just to make sure there wasn't an 'Error' I called my brother to gloat, haha hey looks I won, which his reply came back how, that contest is still 'open for submissions' and the voting on it isn't over till the 24th? Insert the sound effect of the air being drained out of a balloon, slowly, as I read 'about the contest'.

Which now, I have to go into 'damage control' with my online friends and family about everything related to my haplessness over the past 9 hours or so, with wait..this can't be looks as if I made a IDTEN ERROR of myself because there isn't a chance I actually WON this contest, rather it really appears I don't think I have a snowball chance in Arabia as to actually winning this at all after looking at the other submissions, which was rather humiliating seeing I am the one that gives advice rather than asking, when it comes to this thingy called the internet.

The next day, I checked the contest which by then closed for entry's and that banner was gone, yea I was a little bit frustrated but again being in the position I am in even I have to understand computers run on programs and those programs make errors, which in this case I am pretty sure Viewbug's website has a BUG OR TWO other than the ONE in it's title. <insert notification letter to the administrators of viewbug, about a possible bug> (which YOUR READING.)

So, on two the Voting Weeks that followed, Stress weeks, which at the end of each I got a nice little reminder that after I "Won", I now was competing for Votes to try and WIN something that I already WON, (just enter a pic of me RAOTFLMAO) because by now this has become a lasting humorist topic of discussion with my lady reminding me about how I woke her up with a fresh cup of coffee under her nose early one Saturday morning. As the weeks passed I really started to think I could actually, possibly pull this one off begging my "friends" and "Family" to vote on the picture, like it share it, tweet it favor it and retweet it, and least give me some re-pins please and some harts on, Pinterest.  

So, least to say in and around all of this episode of time, my oldest brother who was a Anti Socal media diehard asked about those F's, the Bird and the P that are ground the bottom of our pictures on viewbug, because mine for the one that was entered into that contest now has 'numbers' in it which with questions he began to learn and I have found that yes, old dogs can learn new tricks.

So, in ending this post as long winded and hopefully humorist as it is intended to be, because face it I am old and I shave only for I am not mistaking for Santa who is REALLY old, the last notification I got was my picture went from a won to the top 20 "class" in week one, to the top 10 "class" in week 2, to now being in the top 10 withclass, which if someone can explain what the heck a 'Photo Trifecta' is and what a Class is would be very helpful, because for me right now it is just telling me the different degrees that the snowball melted in Arabia and as for a final vote count on who actually won, at the moment I don't know because the contest is "in review", no need to screen shot that I am sure many have seen it before but I don't know if anyone has seen anything like this, is this normal?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #403954 by Houston144
The FAMOUS iPod of mine, toasted it self after receiving the iSO update, Yesterday, Man I am on a streak lately...

Just to Note, I am note complaining or throw a fit or anything...I truly find all of it humorist.

9 years 6 months ago #404703 by Houston144

Just Insert, sound effect of OHhhhh.

Can been seen on Viewbug, Facebook,Pinterest, and has already saved to the tweeter National Archives in the Library of Congress a half dozen times,humor Humor.

The world is all ready bad enough without me messing things up.

9 years 6 months ago #404705 by Dana Leeson
Beautiful shot, however I believe the sign is a big over cooked  ;) 

Photo Comments
9 years 6 months ago #404833 by Houston144
Not up to date with the slang I guess, what sign and what would overcooked be in relations to?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #404837 by Houston144

140 knots, in a plane that I think was designed by a retired Fiat engineer with and assistant that had to be the retired lead engineer of the Mini Copper...what was 'overcooked' my cramped position or my view? The weather was a clearing fog leading up in to around Lake Placid with a broken cloud cover which is a caused darker areas and lighter and brighter areas in others.

Here, is a great example, that washout in the center of the shot is caused by the sun, which wasn't there prior to us banking sharply to the left giving a nice view of our shadow which I found after when we returned, pretty much feel this capture is garbage.

Three things to bring on an airplane ride, Plexiglass Cleaner (not Glass Glass Cleaner) and at least six large black clamp style paper clips and a large dark (preferably BLACK) oversize beach towel to hang around you in your seat to block the glare caused by light in the widow you are shooting out of which you can see that in the upper left and the upper right.  

9 years 6 months ago #404872 by Houston144
with regards to the Won Lost waterfall picture that IDTEEN error on, over cooked?

Filename - IMG_3923.jpg
Make - Canon
Model - Canon EOS REBEL T3i
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
DateTime - 2013:10:19 18:35:09
Artist - Houston Genaux
YCbCrPositioning - Co-Sited
Copyright - [email protected]
ExifOffset - 348
ExposureTime - 1/2.5 seconds
FNumber - 6.30
ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
ISOSpeedRatings - 3200
ExifVersion - 0230
DateTimeOriginal - 2013:10:19 18:35:09
DateTimeDigitized - 2013:10:19 18:35:09
ComponentsConfiguration - YCbCr
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/3 seconds
ApertureValue - F 6.44
ExposureBiasValue - 1
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
Flash - Flash not fired, compulsory flash mode
FocalLength - 55 mm
UserComment -
SubsecTime - 96
SubsecTimeOriginal - 96
SubsecTimeDigitized - 96
FlashPixVersion - 0100
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 5184
ExifImageHeight - 3456
InteroperabilityOffset - 8598
FocalPlaneXResolution - 5728.18
FocalPlaneYResolution - 5808.40
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit - Inch
CustomRendered - Normal process
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto
SceneCaptureType - Standard
Owner Name -
Serial Number - 282076081101

Maker Note (Vendor): -
Macro mode - Normal
Self timer - Off
Quality - Fine
Flash mode - Not fired
Sequence mode - Single or Timer
Focus mode - One-Shot
Image size - Large
Easy shooting mode - Manual
Digital zoom - None
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Low , -32769
ISO Value - Auto
Metering mode - Evaluative
Focus type - Auto
AF point selected - 0
Exposure mode - Av-priority
Focal length - 55 - 250 mm (1 mm)
Flash activity - Not fired
Flash details -
Focus mode 2 - 65535
Auto ISO - 100
Base ISO - 3200
White Balance - Auto
Sequence number - 0
Camera Temperature - 21 C
Flash bias - 0 EV
Subject Distance - 0.00
Image Type - Canon EOS REBEL T3i
Firmware Version - Firmware Version 1.0.2
Owner Name -
Sharpness (EOS 1D) - 0
Directory index (EOS 450D) - 720
File index (EOS 450D) - 1
AF point selected - Single-point AF
Num AF Points - 9
Valid AF Points - 1
AF Image Width - 5184
AF Image Height - 3456
File number - 000 - 0000
Sharpness (A0) - 3

Thumbnail: -
Compression - 6 (JPG)
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
JpegIFOffset - 8916
JpegIFByteCount - 14064

if that's over cooked, I need to talk to Canon.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024