Photography Tip: Taking great pictures using close-up lens with Bryan Peterson

12 years 8 months ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #106853 by PhotographyTalk

The following user(s) said Thank You: _Colleen_, nazardhiab, Charlieriva
12 years 8 months ago #106910 by tfarmer
Thanks for sharing.... I have a nikon , does nikon also offer the close up lens?
Thanks again,
T.

12 years 8 months ago #106915 by Johnnie
Great video - thanks for sharing! :judge:

12 years 8 months ago #106936 by The Time Capturer
That's kinda neat...

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 8 months ago #107139 by momen
That's great! Thanks for sharing.. by the way, I love Bryan Peterson, I think he's very talented! :thumbsup:

12 years 8 months ago #107179 by Shadowfixer1

tfarmer wrote: Thanks for sharing.... I have a nikon , does nikon also offer the close up lens?
Thanks again,
T.

Nikon used to make the 5T and 6T close up lens. You can probably find one used somewhere. I have both, but it doesn't matter what brand camera you have. The 500D Canon works on all brands. These are a good alternative, but it's still not the same as a macro. I personally think you would be better served by getting extension tubes.
12 years 8 months ago #107509 by tfarmer
Ok I'm new to all of this. What are extention tubes?

12 years 6 months ago #137319 by RickMz
T.:
This particular Cannon lens works with Nikon lenses also.
Rick

12 years 6 months ago #137531 by Nunya

tfarmer wrote: Ok I'm new to all of this. What are extention tubes?

Are tube like devices that are mounted between your camera body and lens. These increase the distance between the two, magnifying the existing focal range of your lens, allowing you to get closer to your subject during macro photography.

Don't look at me, I didn't do it :)
12 years 5 months ago #155030 by photo obsession
So I just seen the clip with the 500D Canon lens..can this be used with the 75-300 and the 18-55 lens as well? would really like to know before I purchase that macro lens.

Thanks

12 years 5 months ago #155036 by Eddy

photo obsession wrote: So I just seen the clip with the 500D Canon lens..can this be used with the 75-300 and the 18-55 lens as well? would really like to know before I purchase that macro lens.

Thanks

I think you would get more use from it with the 75-300. It would work with the 18-55, just not as much macro

The following user(s) said Thank You: nazardhiab
12 years 3 months ago #180899 by nazardhiab

PhotographyTalk wrote: Bryan shows you how a Canon 500D close up lens screwed onto a 70-200mm lens can take some great macro shots!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice.

NDhiab
12 years 3 months ago #180928 by nino xerri
Interesting article. What I like about Brian Peterson is how he simplifies his comments/tutorials.
I will certainly give this close-up lens serious consideration.

Nino Xerri
11 years 2 months ago #267377 by fm48
ANOTHER GREAT POST BY BRYON PETERSON

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024