Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Techni ... 3 years 4 months ago #54029

Now here's another fantastic video from Karl Taylor. In this video Karl shows you how easy it is to get those award winning action shots, and it's not all about freezing the action! Karl illustrates proper panning techniques and how to use the camera in shutter priority mode while using exposure compensation as needed.

Enjoy:
Nikon D600 | Nikon D7100 | Nikon D800 | Canon 5D Mark III | Canon EOS-1D X

Recommended Reading:

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by cordfish.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vespista, BCP, nazardhiab, sree2472, annisathome, Flashgordo

Re: Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Te ... 3 years 4 months ago #54032

some things i would suggest while doing action photography like that.. if u do pan, don't go that slow 1/30th of a second.. especially if ur just starting out.. 1/125th is good especially with faster moving bikes/cars.. younger/slower moving ones it will be easier to do.. also and i won't say never, but i would suggest not making a habit of leaving ur feat in a sitting or kneeling position in any racing sport where ur close to the action.. think reaction time and hospital er and damaged equipment..

I shoot stock car races every friday night (leaving shortly actually) and moto cross races every saturday and sunday through out the summer..

my preferences for panning or freeze frame? mx i like to freeze the action..mud in the air, bikes hitting each other, stopping them mid air in a jump is very dramatic... for stock car racing i prefer the illusion of speed so i use the panning technique.. as i say.. anyone can put a car on the corner of the track and take a stagnic (frozen) shot.. drivers like to see the "speed" their car has even if it is the slowest car on the track.

just my lil take on action photography.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BCP, nazardhiab

Re: Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Te ... 3 years 4 months ago #54588

Learn alot from the video. Thanks.

Re: Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Te ... 3 years 1 month ago #116498

Nice post!

Re: Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Te ... 2 years 7 months ago #192411

Interesting tips:goodpost: :thumbsup:
NDhiab

Re: Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Te ... 2 years 2 months ago #235422

:judge: