Photography Tip: Difference between a OK photo and a Excellent photo - Digital Frames

12 years 11 months ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #61033 by PhotographyTalk
Taking the time to give your work even a digital frame can easily separate a photo that POP's from a OK photo. By doing so, you can also open up additional revenue streams if you charge for your portrait work. Now is a digital frame needed for everyone photo, absolutely not... but adding that additional touch to a few photos can not only add some "variety", it can also separate your photos from other photographers out there. Which very well could lead to referrals from a satisfied client.

Now you could spend some time on building digital frames, which could be a very time consuming process or there is a company called Photobacks.com that has 1000's of pre-made and ready to go digital frames and backdrops. I for one always look for the shortest path!

Here are a couple examples of digital frames, to see more examples here you go: photobacks.com/gallery/

Recommended Reading:

Attachments:
12 years 11 months ago #61044 by Patty Ganahl
They do compliment the portraits, good thread :goodpost:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #61053 by SJM
Thank you. Just booked marked that one. I know how to make black frames, but nothing fancy.

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #61079 by chasrich
Very charming... I like the frames. I think it just went on my post production shot list. Yep, sure enough there it is...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 11 months ago #61488 by Kenya See
:judge: :judge:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #61490 by Maria21
:agree: I have made some digital frames before & have sold the prints well. So much time went into doing them that I limited how often I did them. Thank you for the link to the site, I'm sure i will be using them in the near future.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 10 months ago #73517 by Jamie
Thank you! Yes, the one thing we hear all of the time from photographers: "I have no time!" So, not only can we save you time, but we can save you from worrying about wasting time... Such as, let's say you have a client and they really want a photo with a St. Patrick's Day theme...just one...the rest of the session will be "normal" but they have this little request. That's where Photobacks can really help you out... We have a gorgeous collection of Major Holiday Series digital backgrounds that you can incorporate into your photo or template...in two seconds, you're good to go... No worrying about where you're going to find such a design or how long it's going to take to create something...or if you can use it legally...we've got you covered. We're another tool in your photography bag that will make your work even more enjoyable.

PhotographyTalk Users enjoy 15% OFF at www.photobacks.com !
Use: PHT843 at checkout!

12 years 10 months ago #73635 by Stealthy Ninja
Good stuff.

Personally I like to leave frames off. But they certainly can enhance a photo.
12 years 10 months ago #77921 by LBPhoto
First I notice the frame then hey, guess what, there is a photo too.
To me that distracts from the photo and becomes more about the frame.

Lyle
12 years 10 months ago #80669 by Jamie
I would agree, it's about the frame and the photo...as it comes down to presentation... For some instances, such as for certain clients, parties, weddings, senior portraits, events, they want the "graphics" and effects to set them apart... Creating photo books, etc. It's not the "Classic" look, but exciting for many...and in the printed form, it's just awesome! :) Okay, bias opinion over...

PhotographyTalk Users enjoy 15% OFF at www.photobacks.com !
Use: PHT843 at checkout!

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #151541 by Imagegourmet
One needs to be careful not to make the frame too busy, remember the photograph is supposed to be the hero.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024