Costa Rica and Costa Rica Workshop

11 years 2 weeks ago #279099 by atort
I am posting an image from Costa Rica because I absolutely adore that country and what it is ALL about, but also letting people know I am going to be holding photography workshops there as well. So if you want to know more just say so and pura vida always. :) There is still time too for a workshop I am holding in May so ya know!

To live without risk is to risk not living! Oh...life IS a trip too! :)
Attachments:
11 years 2 weeks ago #279144 by Tuscan Muse
Hey there,

I live in Costa Rica. Where are you holding your workshop? Please send more info.

I am the owner of Tuscan Muse and we offer workshops in Tuscany.

Attached is one of my favorite, recent CR shots.
Attachments:
11 years 2 weeks ago #279169 by atort
First off nice tuscan shot! You know all the time I have spent there I still don't have a great tuscan shot so TOTALLY on my agenda when there next! I will be on the Caribbean side in Cahuita. Is Tuscany on the Pacific or Caribbean side? I can send you more info for sure and if you like can email me as well at [email protected] Pura vida always and speak soon. Anthony

Or give me a good address to email you some info as well.

11 years 1 week ago #279374 by PhotographyTalk

atort wrote: First off nice tuscan shot! You know all the time I have spent there I still don't have a great tuscan shot so TOTALLY on my agenda when there next! I will be on the Caribbean side in Cahuita. Is Tuscany on the Pacific or Caribbean side? I can send you more info for sure and if you like can email me as well at [email protected] Pura vida always and speak soon. Anthony

Or give me a good address to email you some info as well.

Tuscany is in Italy bro :silly: Linda lives in Costa Rica, but has a workshop in May in Tuscany. You guys should definitely connect.

11 years 1 week ago #279398 by Tuscan Muse
Well, Alex puts it best, Tuscany is in Italy.... I live in Costa Rica on the Pacific side. I have a company called Tuscan Muse which offers workshops in Tuscany, including photography workshops.

Just so you know, be very, very careful in Cahuita. This is a beautiful area of the country, but unfortunately it has recently been inundated with crime. There is a major gang there; holding up Gringos seems to be their thing. They have recently held up entire hotels, forcing guests in the lobby to hand over all there goods. The streets are not safe either. There is a U.S. Travel Advisory warning against traveling to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica at this time. ( I know because I had planned on going there for my birthday 2 weeks ago and I had to cancel my trip.) With photography equipment in plain view, you may be a huge target. If you should be approached, hand over everything and walk away. These folks have killed for much less. (Sentencing in CR is a joke. Murder will get you about 3 or 4 years.....)

On a brighter note, anytime you want to see the Pacific side of CR, which is far safer, let me know and I can tell you some fantastic places for photos that are not well known but are full of breathtaking jewels.
11 years 1 week ago #279419 by Tuscan Muse
11 years 1 week ago #279453 by atort
lol...ya never know! There are SO many same city names I thought Costa Rica....and then we were talking Tuscans too! :O

11 years 1 week ago #279454 by atort
I am VERY familiar with Cahuita and have been spending 2-3 months there a year for a bit now. Cahuita is where a BIG piece of my heart is at and know most everyone there including all the locals. I don't consider myself a gringo fortunately at all and neither do most who know me. :) It's my home as I said so NO worries whatsoever, but thanks for the concern. I don't pay attention to any advisories and simply know through my friends and family there. So it's kind of like that! :)

I am heading to Cahuita in May once again for the month and like always ALL will go extremely well and positive because that's how my time is spent there. I prefer the Caribbean side much more than the Pacific side personally too...I spent lots of time and again have many friends in Quepos and Manuel Antonio too and watch my friend's house there on a bunch of occasions. I prefer things to have a sharp edge to them when traveling personally....it keeps the place real.

11 years 1 week ago #279480 by Tuscan Muse
Oh well, since you are Tico you will be just fine. :P

I'm a Dominical, Guapil, Uvita, Ballena gal myself. I especially like Guapil because I can go there and not see another living soul all day long, except for the birds and monkeys.

Seriously, have a great time and give me a shout if you ever on my side of the country.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024