Learn & Explore Series: Athos Insurance
Did You Know?
If you operate a UAV, getting insurance is definitely a must! When choosing a policy, make sure you are covered for both the hull (the drone) and the payload (the camera or other accessories affixed to the drone.) Also, some drone policies only offer General Liability coverage in case you injure a bystander or damage private property with the drone, but it may not necessarily cover damage to your drone, camera or accessories.
Did You Know?
Do you have a shoot that involves filming on a boat or another type of watercraft? If so, make sure to check if the boat needs to be insured. You may need to purchase a separate Movie Boat policy in addition to your production policy. Also, be sure that your camera/equipment is covered when you’re using it on a boat. The last thing you need would be a water damage exclusion on your policy!
Did You Know?
What’s the big deal about leaving your camera in your car? Since your car is insured under a personal auto policy, you already have insurance if someone steals your camera from your car right? Wrong. That’s one of the biggest misconceptions we hear. Your vehicle’s contents are typically excluded from your personal auto policy. Remember, your personal auto policy is only meant to cover damage to your vehicle or even theft of your vehicle, but you can bet that the camera that was stolen from your car won’t be covered.
Special Thanks to Industry Experts:
Questions covered in the above interview:
- Lets start off, what is Athos Insurance?
- What year was the company founded?
- I’m sure you have got to have some bizarre stories to share… where insurance came to the rescue. Can you share one?
- Let’s jump back to the day this company was founded, what was the original inspiration for doing so?
- When a company comes to market and releases a product or service, they generally have a particular group of people in mind. Can you share who those people are here?
- What has been your proudest accomplishment to date for Athos Insurance?
- As you know, I have recently visited your office and was able to observe the culture. I noticed a very ‘family-like’ tone going on. Can you speak to me a little about this?
- Are there any special coverages you offer that other competitors may not?
- As photographers there are a number of options for insurance. What do you feel are the key points photographers should consider when shopping for the right insurance?
- What do you feel is the largest misconception photographers have when buying coverage for their gear?
- How does coverage from Athos Insurance compare to photography gear being covered by a home owners insurance policy?
- You folks have forged a solid reputation in this space, why do you suppose so many photographers insure their gear with you?
- Does a policy from Athos typically cover someone when they are traveling and outside of country?
- Now as a photographer accumulates more gear, how easy, or what is the process to add additional coverage?
- What is the one word that you feel sums up ‘Athos Insurance’?