best software for a beginner photogrphaer

12 years 2 months ago #193661 by Dan13lle
My first beginner software was Photo Impact Ulead, of course this is dating back a few years. Although it's easy to use, I wouldn't say it's the best beginner software. I think each software has it's own level of what the photographer wants to do. Such as, Elements is a nice step to get you ready for photoshop.

12 years 2 months ago #195164 by scb222
Photoshop was my first, & is the best place to start. Everything is just delaying the inevitable. Same goes for Lightroom.

12 years 2 months ago #195235 by Ralph Baker
I started out with Roxio. It was easy to learn and worked very effectively. Recently I bought Photoshop Elements and wish I had not spent the money for it. It is not easy to learn.

12 years 2 months ago #195254 by momsw/camera12
I use picnik.com and its easy and I love it although there closing in April of this year,
now I have to find me a new editing tools that is easy to use.

12 years 2 months ago #195260 by KCook

Ralph Baker wrote: I started out with Roxio. It was easy to learn and worked very effectively. Recently I bought Photoshop Elements and wish I had not spent the money for it. It is not easy to learn.

I've used Roxio too. Starting out with Elements, the "Guided Edit Mode" is fairly easy to navigate -

tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-eleme...ng-guided-edit-mode/

Kelly Cook
(Elements 9)

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 1 month ago #207086 by ycart88
My step-son is using PhotoScape and loves it. It does simple edits in a very intuitive way. And it's set up in a way that you can transfer the knowledge you gain to other software programs if you ever decide you want to advance. Plus, it helps that it's a free download. Good luck!

I can't input a link for you, but if you google it, it comes right up.

12 years 1 month ago #207139 by Baydream

momsw/camera12 wrote: I use picnik.com and its easy and I love it although there closing in April of this year,
now I have to find me a new editing tools that is easy to use.

The "other" Google editor, Picasa, has had a number of Picnik's features added. Free at www.picasa.com it is simple, easy to use, and has amazing help/tutorials. Not a heavyweight editor but will keep you going when Picnik passes away.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #210336 by KenStephens
I use Paint Shop Pro. It has all of the capabilities of Photoshop that I need, but can be purchased between $60 and $100, depending on where you buy it.

Start with GIMP (free) and get your feet wet. Then consider other programs such as Paint Shop Pro, or other programs. Attached is a photo of one of my granddaughters. She is into fairies, and I did this one for her birthday. It uses the layer capabilities of Paint Shop Pro.

Ken

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #210345 by Baydream
Nicely done, Ken. I need to get deeper into my Corel. I upgraded to Photo Pro X4 and you are correct, it does do a ton of things and it is inexpensive.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #213643 by abdulla404
Just use picasa...easy and powerful...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024