Exif Data?

12 years 6 months ago #157848 by Fallin Star
How do you all get all the exif data?

12 years 6 months ago #157851 by Barry
Right click on the picture in the folder you have it at. Click properties, click details and there you go.

12 years 6 months ago #157853 by Fallin Star
duh, that sounds easy. lol Thanks.

12 years 6 months ago #157867 by rmeyer7
In case anyone using a Mac might have the same question, I believe you would right click the photo and then click "Get Info". Haven't used a Mac in a while but if memory serves that should be it.

Most photo library/organizing software will also tell you all of that info. I have it all displayed by default in Picasa.

12 years 6 months ago #157868 by KCook
Instead of "Properties", some programs will use the label "file info" for this. Zoner Photo Studio 12 is especially cool in that it can be set to show the basic EXIF fields in it's "detail" folder view! And .... it will let you go to a root folder, list files in all of the sub-folders. And .... you can order the files by any EXIF value you pick!

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #157913 by TheNissanMan
It also depends on how the person saved the image in the first instance, I try to save all of mine with EXIF intact, others will save for Web use which tends to remove all exif.

As I am still learning I try to leave as much info in the shot as possible so for those that want to offer constructive crit they can see how I got the shot and maybe add pointers to where I went wrong, or if someone likes the shot how I achieved the shot itself...

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #158274 by Joves
The software that came with your camera should also show it. For Windows you need to click the Advanced tab then change the Summary to detailed over simple.

12 years 6 months ago #158316 by RogerS
I have the EXIF viewer for Firefox installed. Some web pics have the EXIF left in, so it can be viewed right in the browser. Unfortunately, it's not working with this site.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024