How do you put your name / mark on your photograph ?

12 years 4 months ago #171825 by Mylene
Hello, I 'm new to photography. I was just wondering how names or marks are placed on the photographs to identify my pictures . Do I need a special computer program for that? Thanks

12 years 4 months ago #171833 by butterflygirl921
I used to use photoshop but now I use Lightroom when you export them you just check it that you want a watermark and you can custom do one. Hope this helps and btw :welcomeclan

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kryddle, Mylene
12 years 4 months ago #171834 by Alan
If you have access to Adobe Photoshop there are some great actions online that will automatically place a watermark on your image. You can do so with pretty much any image editing software, however. GIMP is freeware and allows you to add text, work with layers, etc. similar to Adobe products. While I usually recommend to friends that they at least have Adobe Elements, GIMP is a reasonable third choice if finances are a concern. If you would like more information on watermarking please feel free to ask... will be glad to help. :)

Get a FREE DOWNLOAD from Photobacks now at:
www.facebook.com/photobacks
See our complete line at:
www.photobacks.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mylene
12 years 4 months ago #172172 by litaliangod
you can try Photoshop or any other photo editing application. There are also software application which are available which helps you to do the watermarking :) But easiest way is to have it done by Photoshop :)

Capturing your imagination !
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #172201 by Baydream
Free Picasa will do this also. You can add a small "watermark in the lower left corner in the export process OR use the "text" feature to add a larger watermark. Positioned in anywhere on the photo in any size and just slide the transparency way down to make it less intrusive.

Here is one with both added in Picasa.

I could have used another color or font (maybe outline) on the big one to suit the photo. This was done in about one minute.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #172209 by chasrich

Mylene wrote: Hello, I 'm new to photography. I was just wondering how names or marks are placed on the photographs to identify my pictures . Do I need a special computer program for that? Thanks

:welcomeclan You started off with a good question. It's one of those things I am about to start using. :goodpost: I look forward to seeing your work soon. :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #172237 by devils fan
All editing software allows you to place text on your pictures. You don't need to go out and spend tons of $ on Photoshop to just add your name. You can download free software such as gimp, and picasa.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mylene, Alan
12 years 3 months ago #174305 by Alan
You can find out more about GIMP as well as download from the following:

http://www.gimp.org/

Get a FREE DOWNLOAD from Photobacks now at:
www.facebook.com/photobacks
See our complete line at:
www.photobacks.com

12 years 3 months ago #175158 by delawer
If you have Iphone/Ipod or Ipad you can get a free app for watermark,,, other wise photoshop

Delawer
12 years 3 months ago #175216 by Gary Trent photography
Hi Mylene

You could join photobucket.com
After you (free) join you simply download a photo
then go to "add text".
There are a dozen different fonts, tons of colors, and more, etc., etc.
No soft wear to download or expensive photo shop.
Photobucket is all free.
If you want to view my albums, I make a "title image"
for each album, using Photobucket
>

(just a note:) .......
Any monogram on a photograph can be removed using
Photo Shop cloning tool, if someone really wanted to.
Just saying . . . . .

Good photography to you ! . . . . GT

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #175251 by Sea Lite

delawer wrote: If you have Iphone/Ipod or Ipad you can get a free app for watermark,,, other wise photoshop

That only works on the phones right? It doesn't work on computers where the photo is that was taken by the camera.

12 years 3 months ago #175276 by Maria21
I use Photoshop & made a Brush that I can just "Stamp" my logo on if I chose or use the "text" option to add it on, But i also imbed the watermark & use the "do not download" option for web pix.

However as Alan (Photobacks) said GIMP is great & free... another free option is if you have Google Chrome they have a bunch of add on's that you can play around with that are also free. I'm not sure what all they have, but a few people in my photo club use them & seem to have good results.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024