Become a better photographer

11 years 11 months ago #226931 by icepics
Good point CW! There are techniques in framing and composing shots that can be learned to create good images. As you mentioned, changing your vantage point (sometimes just a step) can totally change your photo. If you're someplace where there isn't room to move around much, I scrunch down or stand on tiptoes or lean to change my perspective.

I think the eye tends to look at the subject and I taught myself to look around the entire viewfinder/viewscreen and try to notice my backgrounds.

Also it can help I think to learn the elements of composition of art (line, shape, space etc.) so you can learn over time how to use those elements to get well composed photos.

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: sree2472, nikT2i
11 years 11 months ago #227051 by Rob pix4u2
Learn by doing - your mistakes teach you as much as your successes
Get used to shooting during the "golden hours" at dawn and just around sunset
Practice, practice, practice if you want to get good at photography

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #227182 by John37
Don't be afraid to post your photos for some feedback. There are lots of good people here with lots of good advice! You will learn so much more from feedback on your photo, than you will by simply reading or watching. Particularly if you're new!! :)

Take feedback positively instead of like you're being attacked. :thumbsup:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: vonnieeamde
11 years 10 months ago #230312 by jpll
I agree... check your lens and make sure the cap is removed.. happened to me not once but twice! :lol:

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #230335 by Bob Eaton
In the "old days" of film, which I still shoot, practice was a bit limited by your budget, and the fact that you had to wait to see your photos! With digital, you get instant feedback!!!!!!!! That doesn`t mean you just shoot and hope for the best!!!!! You still need to perfect your "eye" for your subject! Good luck, and lets see those shots!!!!! ;) :thumbsup: :cheers:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
11 years 10 months ago #230830 by mklinejr
one thing I have been learning .....Is NEVER SETTLE for mideocre images...make the best images

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
11 years 10 months ago #231317 by Bob Eaton
Don`t be afraid to try something you think is wrong!!!!! I mean if you try something that goes against what you`ve been told, it may just work!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :thumbsup:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOTEK
11 years 9 months ago #235556 by sakuraginaruto
This ones so far one of the best tip. I am sometimes afraid of how I would be taking the photos because mainly of something that can be dangerous. And in the end, an opportunity to capture a very nice photo is lost. Thanks for reminding me this!

11 years 9 months ago #235770 by Rob pix4u2
practice depth of field, learn what it is, and how to use it to make your subject stand out in your photo

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

The following user(s) said Thank You: fritz28or
11 years 9 months ago #235799 by ambitions4
They'd ask you to buy a proper DigiSLR, But when I did my course, I worked on a Fully Manual 35mm Camera.

A word of warning, although his method of teaching is good, I'd recommend you take it with a pinch of salt.

11 years 9 months ago #237406 by jakephoto
Don't forgot hold you camera for bit after the shot..I figured it out myself...lol

11 years 8 months ago #243488 by prophotobiz
Be experimental and keep on trying.

11 years 8 months ago #243495 by butterflygirl921
If you want to take a photo with the sun use a uv filter

11 years 7 months ago #247909 by Vin
Pop up the flash if you are shooting into the sun and don't want silhouettes.
11 years 4 months ago #264727 by Steven12
oh yes it need to be a flash.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024