Any issues with buying from keh camera?

6 years 3 months ago #553804 by Luca
I was reading another post here about KEH vs some lens rental company.  I was just looking at some pricing and seems like you can save some bucks here.  Have any of you had issues from buying gear from these guys? 

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #553807 by Screamin Scott
Lots of purchases, never any issues, almost all items were bargain grade... I just wish they had a storefront (I live about 30 miles from them and would go there frequently) I have gone to their location to pick up items so as to save on shipping costs.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #553809 by Luca
So I noticed they have the different grades, do the bargain deals you bought still work as you would have hoped?  

Bargain deals are just visually beat up (showing wear) right? 

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #553810 by Screamin Scott
Their goods are better than the ratings indicate. Unless you get Ugly.... Most all of the items I've gotten as "bargain" looked more like "excellent" to me & I've had no issues with their functions.

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #553870 by Shadowfixer1
I bought my last camera from KEH. I purchased an EX grade. The camera had a shutter count of 999 and there was not one speck of dust, one scratch or anything on the camera. You could have swapped it with a new one and nobody would have known. It was pristine. Lenses I have bought there were the same way.
Scott, I was at KEH a couple of months ago and they told me they were thinking about opening a store front again. I talked to Peachtree Camera repair and they say there is supposed to be a camera store coming into town and moving in beside them in Marietta. 
6 years 3 months ago #554102 by Vahrenkamp
No issues, good company

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #556179 by effron
I bought a couple ex rated lenses from KEH a couple years back, one was mint, the other could have been repackaged as new. Like stated already, these guys under rate their gear....shop there with confidence....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #556197 by KCook
Buying - No issues, except that they charge extra for the caps.

When I finally got around to trying to sell a camera to them, it was a huge disappointment. The offer was truly insulting. I no longer do any business with them, small wonder their prices undercut most sellers.

movedon

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

6 years 3 months ago #556200 by Screamin Scott

KCook wrote: Buying - No issues, except that they charge extra for the caps.

When I finally got around to trying to sell a camera to them, it was a huge disappointment. The offer was truly insulting. I no longer do any business with them, small wonder their prices undercut most sellers.

movedon

As a reseller, they are no different than any others. One can get more for their gear by selling on eBay, Craig's List et al as opposed to a reseller since the reseller has to make a profit on what they buy.

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #556971 by effron
Kelly knows that, and nothing wrong with pointing out they offer insulting numbers for our gear. All of them do, Adorama and B&H included....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #671790 by Richard Taylor
How about selling gear to them?

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #671791 by Screamin Scott
See posts above....

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673030 by Eric A
Just read this here that might help you out:  www.photographytalk.com/keh-camera-review-what-you-need-to-know

My Camera Bag:

Canon 7D | 50mm f/1.2 | 17-40mm f/4 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 320EX | 580EXII

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673081 by H Rocky
them and MPB are the leaders for used camera gear. KEH has been around longer though. 

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673327 by CanonKid

H Rocky wrote: them and MPB are the leaders for used camera gear. KEH has been around longer though. 

:agree:  much longer

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024