Taking photos using lights

4 years 8 months ago #652237 by Rhonda-Clifton
Thank you to all who have responded to my post for help, with all your fantastic suggestions.

Time hasn't been on my side this last week to try any of them out.  Obviously I need more than 5 minutes to set some up, and I'm really hoping that early next week will give me some much needed space to do so.

Cheers
Rhonda

4 years 8 months ago #652357 by Nikon Shooter

Rhonda-Clifton wrote: And just how did you edit to get rid of those reflections?

That were 90 seconds in Affinity Photo. :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #652358 by Nikon Shooter

Rhonda-Clifton wrote: Taking photos using lights

My daughter wants to know:

"What else do you use to take photos?"  :rofl:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #652367 by Rhonda-Clifton
Primarily I use a piece of white card for the backdrop (or sometimes black if the piece needed more definition), curved so that it shows as seamless.  Up until I purchased my lights, it was a set up on top of my cook plate as it was the best light to get a 'reasonable' photo.  Not brilliant, I know, but it was the best I could do.  My camera is a Fuji - which as I want to get great shots will most likely be upgraded in the near future.

4 years 8 months ago #652368 by Rhonda-Clifton
I've been having a look at the Affinity site. Many thanks for that. I'm going to do the 10 days free trial to see how I manage it. I've avoided other sites such as Photobucket, Photoshop, etc. previously as they looked too complicated for me to navigate. BUT, I'm going to bite the bullet on this one and have a go. Fingers crossed that this old girl hasn't lost her ability to learn new tricks!!

4 years 8 months ago #652493 by Ozzie_Traveller

Rhonda-Clifton wrote: ...... Fingers crossed that this old girl hasn't lost her ability to learn new tricks!!

Hi Rhonda

It doesn't sound like you've lost too many marbles .... tho if they're like mine, they might just roll around a bit slower  :)

Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024