Live Stream - Beach wedding

3 months 4 weeks ago #692391 by haring
One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach.
I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would
like to set up my phone as hot spot and connect my notebook to my phone.

- My question is how to make sure I have strong internet to support the
upstream data??? I don't have mobile wifi? The location is 2 hours away
from my home. I can go and test the speed but I would rather not to.
What do you do when you live stream an event? How do you make sure you have a strong signal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 4 weeks ago #692399 by garyrhook
You don't need to be at that specific location to test your setup, although you would be wise to find locations with differing signal strengths to compare performance.

"Mobile wi-fi" is just using a cell phone system to provide a hotspot. AFAIK It's no different than using your phone. I could be wrong.

So: first off, can the 5D stream video non-stop? That may not be your best choice of camera for this task. You'll also want to verify that you can transmit an HD video stream without hiccup.

Given that many folks watch video on their phone, this should be doable with respect to bandwidth. You'll likely want a live person to babysit the camera, in case something goes awry.

Photo Comments

3 months 4 weeks ago #692420 by haring
I agree. Watching is different. Watching things on your phone uses downstream. I am planning to use upstream and lot of times upstream is more limited...

3 months 4 weeks ago #692430 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Otto

I note that you are new here - so 'Welcome' to the PT forum - and I trust that answers will flow to your Qs

Maybe we can also see some of your results too :)

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7 II might be five years old, but it still has features and specs that are well worth the price in 2020.

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're after a cheap laptop for yourself or someone on your holiday shopping list, you might consider one of these computers under $500.

Nov 25, 2020

With these family portrait tips, you'll learn a few strategies for taking much-improved Thanksgiving family portraits.

Nov 24, 2020

There are tons of Black Friday photography deals available this year. Check this list of Adorama Black Friday deals, Amazon Black Friday deals, and much more!

Nov 24, 2020

The Sony a7 II might be five years old, but it still has features and specs that are well worth the price in 2020.

Nov 24, 2020

Use these photography marketing tools to improve ROI for your business in 2021 and beyond.

Nov 24, 2020

Learning how to use a reflector is a photography lighting skill that is extremely valuable. In this tutorial, get simple instructions on using a reflector for portraits.

Nov 24, 2020

In this ViewSonic VP3481 review, learn about the features, specs, pros, cons, and price of this curved, widescreen monitor.

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020