Live Stream - Beach wedding

2 months 2 weeks ago #692391 by haring
One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach.
I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would
like to set up my phone as hot spot and connect my notebook to my phone.

- My question is how to make sure I have strong internet to support the
upstream data??? I don't have mobile wifi? The location is 2 hours away
from my home. I can go and test the speed but I would rather not to.
What do you do when you live stream an event? How do you make sure you have a strong signal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #692399 by garyrhook
You don't need to be at that specific location to test your setup, although you would be wise to find locations with differing signal strengths to compare performance.

"Mobile wi-fi" is just using a cell phone system to provide a hotspot. AFAIK It's no different than using your phone. I could be wrong.

So: first off, can the 5D stream video non-stop? That may not be your best choice of camera for this task. You'll also want to verify that you can transmit an HD video stream without hiccup.

Given that many folks watch video on their phone, this should be doable with respect to bandwidth. You'll likely want a live person to babysit the camera, in case something goes awry.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #692420 by haring
I agree. Watching is different. Watching things on your phone uses downstream. I am planning to use upstream and lot of times upstream is more limited...

2 months 2 weeks ago #692430 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Otto

I note that you are new here - so 'Welcome' to the PT forum - and I trust that answers will flow to your Qs

Maybe we can also see some of your results too :)

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

When you order a metal print, you want something with vibrant colors, a solid mounting system, and high-quality metal. In this article, learn what you DON'T want to see in a metal print.

Oct 13, 2020

There are many different canvas print options you can choose from. The question is, what options do you pick for your photo? Find out in this guide!

Oct 13, 2020

If you're looking for video lighting that has DMX controls, is wireless, and offers a multitude of customization options, look no further than TEKE.

Oct 13, 2020

With these business communication tips, you'll be able to interact with your photography clients in a more meaningful and productive way.

Oct 12, 2020