How do i get a brighter preview when my settings are low?

1 month 3 weeks ago #694301 by Jocurtis
I feel like this is a pretty beginner question. But I’m not sure how to figure this out. So when I’m shooting, I’m on Manual and i have all my settings pretty low and i like to let my flash be my main source of light. My problem is that my lcd is usually too dark for me to be able to see my subject. Is there some kind of feature where i can get a preview on my lcd bright enough for me to see my subject without the settings actually being changed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #694302 by Shadowfixer1
Depends on which camera.

1 month 3 weeks ago #694303 by Nikon Shooter
I know only of Nikon cameras and there is a menu to
adapt to your need the brightness of the back screen.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #695400 by AntonFernando
You need to turn off the exposure simulation of the EVF in order to be able to use it.

If you're a Nikon user then its under'Custom Settings Menu' --> d.shoot of display -- > d8. apply settings to liveview ( might be different for other models) 

1 month 1 week ago #695452 by Naheed
Can you tell us please, which camera you are using?

1 month 1 week ago #695913 by saponcpa
Without changed setting maybe you can't. But if you enable
1. Enable Night Shift · 2. Adjust your brightness settings · 3. Use the Zoom setting to darken your screen. I do not know which camera you can use. could you tell me here. 

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

When you order a metal print, you want something with vibrant colors, a solid mounting system, and high-quality metal. In this article, learn what you DON'T want to see in a metal print.

Oct 13, 2020

There are many different canvas print options you can choose from. The question is, what options do you pick for your photo? Find out in this guide!

Oct 13, 2020

If you're looking for video lighting that has DMX controls, is wireless, and offers a multitude of customization options, look no further than TEKE.

Oct 13, 2020

With these business communication tips, you'll be able to interact with your photography clients in a more meaningful and productive way.

Oct 12, 2020